Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for preop friends :)

It has been nothing but a roller coaster of emotions since I got the date. I too am having those "what if" cries and those "oh my gosh, I might be able to actually ride a roller coaster and not have to get off" cries ..all sorts of feels! LOL

Thank you so much for your support. It has been amazing having all of you to come and chat with about this stuff. I am scared to death and more excited than I can ever imagine and knowing that I'm not alone helps GREATLY!

Really happy for you. Prayers for smooth sailing through it all! I cannot wait to hear how everything goes for you! ????

Hi I'm Jenn. Pre op sleeve and my surgery date is September 14th. I live in Door County Wisconsin, it's pretty rural so not a lot of resources. I enjoy reading what is going on with people who are having similar experiences to mine. I don't yet have any "friends" on here and would welcome any conversation. Good luck to you all!

Hi, I'm in Louisiana and I'm way pre-op lol. Just starting my WLS journey. Im going for my consultation Tuesday where I'll get a list of all requirements to complete. But soon I'll be where you all are now! Good luck to all of you on your upcoming surgeries! ^_^

Hey ladies I would like to join and make acquaintance to follow and chat with. I'm preop with my last weigh in September 1 going for a miracle and fast approval to meet a surgery date in September but I'll take October if need be. All other test completed thank God for growth patience and understanding through this process but I'm so ready

I have my Aug weigh in soon and then just my Sept one is left. Praying this will go through for me!! I'm sooooo ready!! My tenative surgery date is the week of Oct 12th!!!!!!!

I feel like I'm driving all over creation today. I did my home sleep study today, so I had to drive to Fort Lauderdale (I live in Miami) to drop off the equipment. Then over to Margate, FL for my pre-op education class, then I drove home. Of course, I just got a call from the pulmonologist to come back to Fort Lauderdale to go over the results of the test. And some time today, I need to sleep because I work midnights. I need everyone's good thoughts, because I'm hoping there's nothing wrong with the sleep study results.

I feel so lucky. I finished my last weigh-in appt. on Monday, they submitted my paperwork to ins. on Tuesday, and on Wednesday the ins. approved! The coordinator said it was the fastest approval she has ever had. She had warned me it might be three weeks.

Anyway, I got my surgery date yesterday, Sept. 11. I know, not the greatest date, but I keep telling myself it will now be the first day of my new life.

I am nervous, but excited too.

Hi everyone! I'm totally late to the party, but I'm Megan, 32, from Virginia. I'm setting my surgery date when I meet with my surgeon Aug. 25. I've spoken with clinic staff a few times and it looks like my date will be sometime in the weeks of Sept. 14 and Sept. 21.

I am SO READY to just do it already! Or at least know the date! I've been working on this since February and have had a few setbacks in the process (took a month to get into my PCP who had to refer me, now five weeks for my next clinic date because they're so busy, etc.)

On the plus side, fall will be right around the corner when I have my surgery and the weather will be beautiful for walking post-op and building back into exercising at the gym. Right now, I'm just trying not to get too nervous! There's so much to know and I'm afraid I'm either going to miss something entirely or forget something important. A veteran on the forum recently told me to think of it like having a baby. You learn as you go. Trying to keep that in mind.

Good luck everyone! It's really cool to connect and hear how others are doing!

I feel like I'm driving all over creation today. I did my home sleep study today, so I had to drive to Fort Lauderdale (I live in Miami) to drop off the equipment. Then over to Margate, FL for my pre-op education class, then I drove home. Of course, I just got a call from the pulmonologist to come back to Fort Lauderdale to go over the results of the test. And some time today, I need to sleep because I work midnights. I need everyone's good thoughts, because I'm hoping there's nothing wrong with the sleep study results.

@@losing_the_band HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll do fantastic!

Btw, two of my best friends live in Florida!! They live in the Oviedo/Chuluota area of Central Florida! I love it there :)

@

Hi Megan, I'm Niki! Welcome to this awesome club! I'm sorry to hear that you've had a couple of setbacks, but in the end they will all be worth it! Definitely continue the positive outlook you have on the timing, because that will help significantly! The advice you got about thinking of the surgery as having a baby is great advice that I will have to remember too!

I can't wait to see how you continue to do along your journey and afterwards. It's so exciting!

Edited by Nikikins

@@toasty GREAT way to look at that! Congratulations! xo

@@tami1970 Woohoo, way to go on the weight loss! Congrats on the surgery date..the first day of your new life! xo

Edited by Nikikins

Well, it turns out I do have very mild sleep apnea. Basically, 1-5 is so mild that insurance won't pay for treatment, and mine is an 8. They still want me to get a CPAP, though. I don't completely understand why, since even the doctor said I'd probably only be using it for a few weeks. Personally, I think it's a money grab for them, but whatever, I've already paid my insurance deductible, lol. It's not going to delay my surgery, though. The doctor said they'd send the clearance to my PCP so he can send all of the clearances to my surgeon.