Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Waco near enough? I had my Gastric Bypass on December 10th 2014.

I'm on second day of preop diet and haveing a little trouble I had to leave a friends cause they were bbq ing and the smell started to make me crave some bad how do o still hang out and not cheat

I'm on second day of preop diet and haveing a little trouble I had to leave a friends cause they were bbq ing and the smell started to make me crave some bad how do o still hang out and not cheat

Momma bird- woo hoo! Sic Em Bears!! I'm a Baylor grad!!

I had to do pre-op over Thanksgiving and then a family reunion two days later. My extended family didn't know that I was having surgery. My diet consisted of Protein Shakes and non-starchy veggies. I took all my food with me, sat where I didn't have to look at the food everyone else was eating and focused on visiting with family. It was extremely hard and I was glad when it was over. I just kept in mind what my ultimate goal was and kept reminding myself that no food was worth blowing pre-op for.

How long is your pre-op? Mine was two weeks and it will get easier. Mine was sprung on me literally at the last minute. The surgeon's office called me to schedule my surgery date and at the end of the call informed me that I was officially on my pre-op diet.

By the way, I have a daughter and sister in law and a multitude of nieces and nephews in the Austin area. I'm actually coming down for my niece's bridal shower in a couple of weeks.

I'm on the two week preop diet. I made it though my 3 day and im feeling pretty good I did have a half a Protein Shake extra today but its 108 today and I started to feel really dizzy so I drank that laid down and half hour later went back to my Water seasoned of course with ice lol. I have made this commitment and I don't break my word. I have set my MIND to get through this and change for myself my twin princesses and my wife in that order. I'm so glad I found this site that o can talk to someone who has been there. And wow thanksgiving dinner that's ruff. How are you doing post op anything you can recommend to keep going without cheating would be really helpful.

Lots and lots of Water and crystal light! Anything non caffinated or carbonated! At 8 months out, I do get hungry now, but, I always have something to drink with me. A lot of times hunger is actually thirst. My Sunday School class laughs cuz I show up with a water bottle I in my hand and usually, half way through class, I pull out the one in my purse.

I was told that getting your liquids in is more important than getting your Protein in. I'm supposed to drink 80 ounces a day. That is a lot more than a lot of surgeons require.

The best advice for post - op that I can give you is to follow your surgeon's post-op plan. You will see a lot of different post-op diets on here. Follow what your Dr. says to eat, when he says you can have it.

I had someone tell me that my dr was too strict and I should find another dr. But, I am doing amazingly well. I have lost over 80% of my excess weight in less than 8 months. I would have to say that my doc's rules are why I have been successful.

I live about an hour west of Austin. Surgery is in 2 days. I am so sick of Protein shakes, and the smell of foods that I used to love, are now making me ill. I am ready to get it over with and move on from liquids.

How are you two doing?

I live in San Antonio, I'm 2 months + post op, I know how much the liquids suck at first but ironically it is what I craved after my surgery for the first week, I couldn't stand Jello or Popsicles, or even broth until a week later, be patient and consistent, it will get alot easier, I love my Water and drinks and even had a sip of coke and hated the sweetness, I alternate with choices of flavoring and drinks,

: water, G2, Powerade Zero, crystal light, MIO( the Walmart brands), and tea and Decaf coffee, I eat normal foods (my new normal) and can sit with people at a BBQ o while they are drinking and not be phased by it, I also know what choices I can have at gatherings, don't get me wrong I've had my moments like on July 4th, I had to BBQ for everyone and I kept craving a Dos XX all day, but as soon as you hit the scale you realize why you did it, and that you don't really need alot of those things anymore, hang on cause once you get momentum you will want to keep going and will understand all this.......

I here ya I had to endure another BBQ and watch everyone eat some fantastic foods that I cooked and couldn't even try a bite but after a few minutes I started to feel physically I'll grabbed one of my sf popsycles and ate it and felt better I have chosen to sit away from everyone since then when its meal time I grab a shake and chill on the porch so I don't have to smell it that's my biggest trigger the smell