Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What food do you miss after your weight loss surgery?

I struggle with missing bread sometimes. There are just some sandwiches that aren't the same without bread, like a pressed cuban. Burgers get a little boring without Buns, too, but it's totally worth it. I ate chili during my pureed stage, even took it into the movie theater in place of popcorn, haha. Also, hot wings with blue cheese are a staple in my life, but I can only eat like 3 at a time. I mainly try to keep my carb intake low and don't fuss over fat content.

Was just thinking of a Cuban (with extra cheese, no pickles or mustard, mayo and garlic spread lol) and wings OMG wingsssss lol

I am ok though that's just the hungry fat girl in me talking lol

I struggle with missing bread sometimes. There are just some sandwiches that aren't the same without bread, like a pressed cuban. Burgers get a little boring without Buns, too, but it's totally worth it. I ate chili during my pureed stage, even took it into the movie theater in place of popcorn, haha. Also, hot wings with blue cheese are a staple in my life, but I can only eat like 3 at a time. I mainly try to keep my carb intake low and don't fuss over fat content.

Was just thinking of a Cuban (with extra cheese, no pickles or mustard, mayo and garlic spread lol) and wings OMG wingsssss lol

I am ok though that's just the hungry fat girl in me talking lol

You got me with the Cuban. I have never tried it that way thanks for the idea ????

I miss pizza. I've actually eaten pizza several times post-op, but I find that it's usually just such a waste. I barely eat any of the crust and even then I can eat maybe two slices. It's just doesn't satisfy me the same way eating like an entire pizza used to. So, I usually don't bother. It's so weird because there have been times in my life were I would literally eat pizza in some form or another every single day! Now I go a couple months, decide to try a little, remember why it doesn't work anymore and then skip it for another couple of months.

I had pizza last night and was so surprised and scared that I didn't feel full off of one slice. I stopped after that one though. Did you feel full from 2 slices?

I miss eating good bread. My stomach just can't handle bread with yeast anymore (thinks like quick breads or muffins are fine). It hurts and feels weird after just a few bites, and then I can't eat any Protein for a long time either because I am too full and my stomach feels weird. So I just don't eat it anymore, it isn't worth it. I also used to love having a glass of good champagne on special occasions. Carbonation is another thing my stomach can't handle. So I have a couple sips of champagne and that is it. I miss being able to have a glass or two. But the trade-off is totally worth it.

Okay so technically not a food, but I miss beer. I loved craft beers. A month or so ago I had my 5 year colonoscopy and had to drink a small quantity of magnesium citrate. It is carbonated so I shook and stirred the heck out of it to get it flat before drinking but it still had bubbles and oh the gas pain. I've been able to handle most any food I've tried from just a taste to a small meal. But I don't think I would tolerate even small sips of beer (my best friends are brewers and are opening a brewery this fall) and who would want to drink flat beer, anyway. :blink: But like @@Bufflehead said the trade-off is totally worth it!

I loved cake before surgery. Tasted a slice a few weeks ago and was sick the remainder of the day. I miss it, but happily give it up.

I can eat anything; however, bread, Pasta and rice hurt when I eat them so I avoid them. Also, the only food that still causes reflux is deli meat. So the food I truly miss the most is a Publix Ultimate sub. I've eaten it a few times since surgery and it causes very uncomfortable pain (from bread) followed by hours of reflux (from deli meat) so I find it best to avoid it altogether. I tried an Unwich from JJ's and avoided the pain from bread but still had terrible reflux all day so no deli meat for me!

I miss me some Popeyes ripping chicken, haven't had a few pieces of that since at least lunch yesterday. I ate half for breaks/lunch and still have me a biscuit for dinner. But u all haters gonna hate, it was delicious. Don't stretch you selves whatever you do though...

I miss pizza. I've actually eaten pizza several times post-op, but I find that it's usually just such a waste. I barely eat any of the crust and even then I can eat maybe two slices. It's just doesn't satisfy me the same way eating like an entire pizza used to. So, I usually don't bother. It's so weird because there have been times in my life were I would literally eat pizza in some form or another every single day! Now I go a couple months, decide to try a little, remember why it doesn't work anymore and then skip it for another couple of months.

I had pizza last night and was so surprised and scared that I didn't feel full off of one slice. I stopped after that one though. Did you feel full from 2 slices?

Pizza is my favorite food. I couldn't get through half a slice of thin crust. It was so disappointing!

Luckily, there aren’t too many foods I want but can’t have. If I have a craving for something, I can basically have it without having too much trouble – the lap-band is pretty forgiving. For me, it’s sometimes the quantity I miss…eating a lot (too much!) of a junk food. I do indulge with smaller portions – occasionally. I just make sure that it’s something I really, really want and that the craving doesn’t go away after a few days. There are definitely a few times a year when I have made friends with a pint of Haagen Daz, and enjoyed every spoonful!

Keep in mind that I'm 11 months out. But even around 2 months two slices with crust would definitely fill me up. What I've usually done is eat one slice with crust or most of one, then eaten the cheese and toppings off one or two more slices. But it's usually just not worth it.

I sooo miss buffalo wings but since I can't eat and drink at the same time I just won't eat them anymore. Its sad cause I can smell them sometimes when I go past my local pizza place! I think i'll live though!

Sometimes I miss bread lol. Not worth it though. Even a bite feels like I ate a brick!

Sandwiches!! I want Jimmy Johns Turkey Avocado Beach sub!
But really... breads in all forms, (someone mentioned bagels! Yum!!), Pasta and Pepsi!