Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What food do you miss after your weight loss surgery?

Just curious what people are missing. For me it's homemade chili with some saltines crushed up in it. Someone at work had some the other day and it smelled so good lol

Most days I don't miss food, but sometimes the weirdest things pop in my head because I never really thought of them as a favorite before surgery. Baked Beans, malt-o-meal, ritz crackers, corn on the cob (that was a fav, but not one I ate a lot). Anyway, a lot of the foods I thought I would miss the most turned out not to be a problem, thankfully.

Same here. I still don't really feel hungry. Just once in awhile the smell is like oh I would love that but I shouldn't lol. I don't miss many things.

I haven't given up a lot of what I was eating before. I just eat it in much Smaller portions and a lot less frequently. I still eat chili and corn occasionally.

I haven't given up a lot of what I was eating before. I just eat it in much Smaller portions and a lot less frequently. I still eat chili and corn occasionally

As long as Im within my daily recommendations of Protein and calories, there is still room in my diet for any food on occasion.

I don't really miss anything - if I want something so badly I can't get it out of my head, I have it. What I miss is quantity, but that's only in spurts (like if I'm feeling down and my brain wants to eat ALL of something instead of a few bites of it). I also miss having a taste for certain old favorites. One example is my mom's spaghetti sauce - I'm the only one in the family that knows how to make it like she did. It was always my absolute favorite, and there's not a thing in it that's bad for a sleever (especially when I go heavy on the meat). I eat it without noodles now. It just doesn't taste the same to me anymore, and for some reason that makes me sad.

Sometimes I miss the sugary stuff, like cake, candy bars, macaroons, and...oh let me stop now!

Hot wings

Yeah some things taste weird to me now. So odd.

Why not homemade chili? It should be high in Protein with the meat and Beans. The carbs/sugars shouldn't be pretty low. Okay maybe skip the saltines on put one or two on the top instead of half the box.

I have had both chili and buffalo wings since surgery. I only have the wings occasionally due to the fat but they are Protein and low-carb/sugar.

What I miss is Manhattan Bagels with cream cheese. I probably only had them about 5 times a year but have been craving one lately and am not sure why.

I miss pizza. I've actually eaten pizza several times post-op, but I find that it's usually just such a waste. I barely eat any of the crust and even then I can eat maybe two slices. It's just doesn't satisfy me the same way eating like an entire pizza used to. So, I usually don't bother. It's so weird because there have been times in my life were I would literally eat pizza in some form or another every single day! Now I go a couple months, decide to try a little, remember why it doesn't work anymore and then skip it for another couple of months.

I'll have to try chili without the crackers lol. I used to put so so many crackers in it. Was more like would you like chili with your crackers? Lol

I struggle with missing bread sometimes. There are just some sandwiches that aren't the same without bread, like a pressed cuban. Burgers get a little boring without Buns, too, but it's totally worth it. I ate chili during my pureed stage, even took it into the movie theater in place of popcorn, haha. Also, hot wings with blue cheese are a staple in my life, but I can only eat like 3 at a time. I mainly try to keep my carb intake low and don't fuss over fat content.

I dont miss any food. If I want it I have a small amount and move on.

Burgers, pizza, French fries, frozen yogurt, garlic bread, sandwich, bread and butter.... To name a few lol

I am 3 week postop so still on purée.