Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm contemplating on going out and buying a home gym. My surgery isn't until Jan but id like to start toning now and obviously use it after my surgery as well. I'm only 25 but one of my concerns is sagging skin. I've brought it up to my doctor and he said he doesn't see it being an issue because I have age on my side but I look at it like it'll maximize my weight loss also. My bf and I have been wanting to get a gym membership but with us working opposite shifts and having two kids we dont have time to go, plus he knows I'm embarrassed to work out publicly. Good idea? Stupid idea?

I'm contemplating on going out and buying a home gym. My surgery isn't until Jan but id like to start toning now and obviously use it after my surgery as well. I'm only 25 but one of my concerns is sagging skin. I've brought it up to my doctor and he said he doesn't see it being an issue because I have age on my side but I look at it like it'll maximize my weight loss also. My bf and I have been wanting to get a gym membership but with us working opposite shifts and having two kids we dont have time to go, plus he knows I'm embarrassed to work out publicly. Good idea? Stupid idea?

Im with you. I am 8 days post op and was looking at home gyms today at dicks and sports authority. I just don't think I would keep up with the gym bc of work, kids, etc. I feel like I would be more compliant with a home gym. I just don't want to make a costly mistake.

It's certainly an idea..

Whether it's a good or bad one depends on you.

I know many people who bought home gyms/exercise equipment with all the best intentions.

Now these people have the most expensive clothes hangers ever (the unused equipment)...

I toyed with the idea as well, but decided that, to start with at least, I should probably join a gym where I could not only exercise, but also make sure I was using the equipment properly.

It's all well and good to have all the gear, but if you're not using it correctly, you may not only be wasting your time, but also doing yourself some damage.

So I guess what I'm saying is this...

If it were me, I'd invest in a gym membership and all of the advice and information that goes with it until you're educated enough to be self-sufficient..

Of course, this is just the opinion of a recovering fatman...

Good luck!!

Kinda...

I'd definitely get a gym membership but it wouldn't ever be used. I think I have a better chance at daily use if the "gym" was in my home. I work first shift, 40 hrs/week, and he works third shift 60+ hrs/week. My kids are only 5 & 6 so they aren't old enough to be alone and honestly we have no friends. We work and spend time with the kids. There for we have no one to watch the kids either. His fam lives in another state and my "mom" isn't mature enough to watch them, to say it nicely. So when it comes down to it its either home gym or no gym lol

LOL I hate buying expensive things though! I feel like I need a money blanket for security.

Yes we do, I've looked into it and their memberships are way to expensive for us. I'd rather spend that amount once, not repetitively to renew.

@@glitterpockets My husband just bought me a bowlfex Blaze two weeks ago, I've used it once...for 2 mins. I'm going to though (story of my life) If not it's going to be the worlds most expensive clothes hanger????????????

@@Elode ???? haha! I've owned a treadmill and an elliptical. I used them occasionally but never stuck to it. I always got discouraged when I didn't see fast results. I ended up selling them when I moved. Atleast now I know if we get the home gym it'll really be benefiting me in multiple ways.

We actually brought that up when I seen a cute retro bike at Walmart ???? we cant ride them in the winter though so we planned on investing in the spring since summer is almost over.

I have a treadmill and barely use but I will be using lol put your headphones and walk it off lol:)) ...walking is good and relaxing as long as you find someone to go with you!!. Is there a planetfitness in your area really cheap and open 24 hours!!!...

No, there's a snap fitness but I cant do a gym. That's why were looking into a home gym. My headphone jack is busted on my phone so I usually let it play normal and tuck it in my bra so I can hear it lol