Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Outside of being healthy, what are you looking forward to most...

Of course my top priority is being healthier which is why I am electing this surgery. That being said, out of all the extra weight I carry I have to say, hands down, that I cannot wait until my neck is more defined. For some reason that is something that speaks to me every time I look in the mirror. I am so curious what my neck will look like when I lose some weight.

What on you are you most exicted to watch change, or are you looking forward to?

Edited by HopeandAgony

Two things mostly: being able to shop at stores in the mall and knowing they have my size, rather than having to order from the extended sizes section online, and being able to ride all the rides at amusement parks without worrying I won't fit in the seats! Yay :)

Ah yes. Amusement rides. I've not gone in years for fear of not fitting. That is a good one too!

Clothes shopping and Water sports ;-)

There are so many things I've not even attempted. I remember probably 15 years ago trying to get onto a boat from the Water and how hard it was. I never put myself in that situation again... You really do stop living life to the fullest don't you? At least I have.

Now I am thinking about all the things I avoid... Depressing! Sporting events. I always am so uncomfortable in those chairs. I always wanted to be flanked by my smaller/thin kids. Eventually I stopped wanting to go at all. I am so excited for this.

Definitely sports games/concerts/plays...the seats are so tiny and it has gotten rather embarrassing so I don't go nearly as much as I used to. I also would like to not always being avoiding the topic/changing the subject when it comes to amusement parks or Water parks. I am going to add that I want to be able to play co-ed softball again. As of a couple years ago I just could not play to the best of my ability and would be dying of pain the next day. Oh oh ohhhh, and I would love to step on an electronic scale and it not say the word "ERROR"

Looking forward to reducing hip/thigh size. Being comfortable in an airplane seat. Wearing shorts in the heat of summer. Not wearing a hole on the inner thighs of my pants due to chub rub.

Just one of the many --- I want to go sub aqua diving with my husband.

Last year, in Egypt, my hubby went on a 5 day diving refresher course and he wanted me to go to do a beginners course but I wouldn't telling him, "Breathing underwater isn't natural so I'd never do it". I admitted to him a few nights ago that I had fibbed and was desperate to try it next year when it won't take 10 men to squeeze me into a wet suit like it would have last year ! I can't wait :P

Kate - true story my boyfriend (now husband) and I took scuba lessons 10 years ago. He ordered me a wetsuit online and asked my weight at that time. Of course I lied and it seriously took like 3 people to get the wetsuit on....I get it...lol

Not wearing a hole on the inner thighs of my pants due to chub rub.

Yes!!! Thus causing what my best friend and I like to call the FGS (Fat Girl Syndrome) of chafing where the thighs have been rubbed raw....ouch!!!

I'm a costumer and SF fan. I am looking forward to costuming "Doctor Girlfriend" from the Venture Brothers series. *grin*

My main concern is living a long happy life with my kids. my grandfather adopted me when i was younger because i had an absolutely horrible childhood. i ended up pregnant with my first son and my grandpa absolutely adored his great grandson. they were BEST friends, he always talked about Lhanden's first day of school and watching him play football. well, my grandpa passed away 5 months before his first day of preschool. It took a rough toll on me and my son. He already lost his best friend when he was 4 (he's 6 now), and he remembers him to a T. I dont need him losing his mother too. I couldn't care about anything else. There's other perks like getting cute clothes, wearing a bathing suit, feeling comfortable physically and emotionally but in all honesty I'd still do this if being healthier was the only perk on the table because that means the most.

My main concern is living a long happy life with my kids. my grandfather adopted me when i was younger because i had an absolutely horrible childhood. i ended up pregnant with my first son and my grandpa absolutely adored his great grandson. they were BEST friends, he always talked about Lhanden's first day of school and watching him play football. well, my grandpa passed away 5 months before his first day of preschool. It took a rough toll on me and my son. He already lost his best friend when he was 4 (he's 6 now), and he remembers him to a T. I dont need him losing his mother too. I couldn't care about anything else. There's other perks like getting cute clothes, wearing a bathing suit, feeling comfortable physically and emotionally but in all honesty I'd still do this if being healthier was the only perk on the table because that means the most.

I am so sorry for you lose. My main priority is yours as well of course. I think now that I am getting closer the imagining game of what could be is a nice way to pass the time. ♡

Being able to go into a restaurant and not having the whole row of seats moved for me to get by. I'm tired of saying excuse me because I can't get by.