Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tazi I sent a request to join the group.

Pre-op✔️

Stocked up on jell-o-yogurt - soup✔️

This just got real????

I ran in to my surgeon as I was coming in to work. I told him I was pretty tired... He said I probably need to drink more Water. I told him I'll need a bladder catheter if I drink much more!! Lol

Pre-Ob done today this is really happening start pre-diet Friday surgery on 24th

My doctor requires a low carb diet of 20 carbs a day. Does anyone else's surgeon require this? Also my post op is:

2 weeks Clear Liquids

Week 3-4 full liquid

Week 5-6 purée / soft

Week 7 soft

Week 8 start healthy diet

It's so interesting how different everyone's doctor's requirements are. Mine had no real pre-op requirement, other than 1200 calories a day or less. My post-op is:

First two days: Clear liquids

Week 1 (first 9 days until leak test): Liquids

Week 2-4 Puree

Week 5-6 Soft

Week 7 Start Regular foods

My doctor also allows gummy vitamins and, after a time, up to 2 diet sodas a week. (I think I'll skip the sodas; never a big fan, and don't want to irritate my tummy with carbonation.)

August 20th. liquid diet is rough day 7 of 14

Hi everyone. i just joined the forum. my surgery date is on the 25th of August. but I'm starting my liquid diet on the 15th August.

I'm just wondering if that is too late? I have a work fuction to go tomorrow and I wont be able to do my liquid diet yet.

I'm worried that it might affect the sugery. What are the risk if I dont follow the liquid diet?

I would really love to join a group so i could chat you all of you personally. I'm only 23 and is extremely nervous for my surgery. Is there any way of adding someone via social apps?

Last day of liquid diet! Sleeve on Friday! This is it and I'm nervous beyond words. I took off work today to clean the house. Hopefully it will take my mind off everything for a little bit today. I wish everyone well! Here's to great health and happiness!

August 24th for me! So excited..start 1 week liquid diet Monday!

Hi everyone. i just joined the forum. my surgery date is on the 25th of August. but I'm starting my liquid diet on the 15th August.

I'm just wondering if that is too late? I have a work fuction to go tomorrow and I wont be able to do my liquid diet yet.

I'm worried that it might affect the sugery. What are the risk if I dont follow the liquid diet?

I would really love to join a group so i could chat you all of you personally. I'm only 23 and is extremely nervous for my surgery. Is there any way of adding someone via social apps?

I'm not a doctor and my first response is: I would check with the doctor's office regarding the liquid diet. But I'm happy to tell you my own experience: My doctor didn't require one! Just told us to lose some weight and eat a low calorie diet beforehand. I lost about 20 pounds leading up to my surgery, but most of it was in the 8 weeks before, not much in the two weeks just before. My BMI, if it helps, was just under 40.

Hang in there, and keep seeking out support. It's hard at times, and scary, but you can do it!

@@Natasha S. I am very excited!!! One more Day!!!

Me too!!! But my goodness I have the worse headache right now from this liquid diet