Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I go 8/26 too!! I haven't started the diet yet. So that I will qualify for insurance on surgery day I can only afford to lose 3 lbs so my bmi will remain at 35... That really sucks doesn't it... Smh

My doctor didn't require diet only for patients bmi above 40

Im august 14th and i am sooooo nervous now. I can't even see myself not being a big girl anymore. It's exciting.

Hi Natasha. I'm on the 14th too. Started my liquid diet today. I'm nervous too but glad there is support here.

I start my liquid diet Wednesday ???????? it's going to be so hard.

Im august 14th and i am sooooo nervous now. I can't even see myself not being a big girl anymore. It's exciting.

Hi Natasha, Don't feel nervous just think of the positives. My surgery is the 19th I can't wait the days can't go by fast enough. The liquid diet stated really rough by I am on day 6 now and pretty much all cravings are gone . I really feel I can do this till surgery with no problem..

Great Luck to Natasha.

Regards Bill

Hi Natasha, Don't feel nervous just think of the positives. My surgery is the 19th I can't wait the days can't go by fast enough. The liquid diet stated really rough by I am on day 6 now and pretty much all cravings are gone . I really feel I can do this till surgery with no problem..

Great Luck to Natasha.

Regards Bill

Thank you so much for encouragement Bill I appreciate it

@@sgibbs yeah that suck but you'll get there. Good luck with everything. Getting nervous?

Personally

I think the longer you wait to start at least getting used eating soft foods and Protein Shakes the harder it will be when its time to go for two weeks

I just added a little here and there with my regular diet so it would not be a shock to me... Went and purchased no sugar added applesauce, tried different Protein shakes, replaced my regular Vitamins for the chewable and started taking the Calcium ahead . I just think it would be better to be ready then to have to be surprised when that time come and you have to go cold turkey

Just my advice, may not be for everyone....

My doctor requires a low carb diet of 20 carbs a day. Does anyone else's surgeon require this? Also my post op is:

2 weeks Clear liquids

Week 3-4 full liquid

Week 5-6 purée / soft

Week 7 soft

Week 8 start healthy diet

Yes he required it but I started searching and tasting early

For example

Am meal

1 Protein shake

1/2 cup oatmeal (plain/unflavored, grits , farina, or other hot Cereal no butter or sugar

snack

1cup sugar free pudding

lunch

Protein Shake

6 oz fat free low sugar yogurt

Snack

sugar free Gelatin

dinner

Protein Shake

1/2 cup applesauce unsweetened

Bedtime

Protein shake

6oz fat-free , low sugar yogurt

My surgery date is the 25th. I start my liquid diet on the 18th. Im pretty nervous about this. I think im reading to many posts and comments.

Yes he required it but I started searching and tasting early

For example

Am meal

1 Protein shake

1/2 cup oatmeal (plain/unflavored, grits , farina, or other hot Cereal no butter or sugar

snack

1cup sugar free pudding

lunch

Protein Shake

6 oz fat free low sugar yogurt

Snack

sugar free Gelatin

dinner

Protein shake

1/2 cup applesauce unsweetened

Bedtime

Protein shake

6oz fat-free , low sugar yogurt

You're having 4 Protein shakes a day? Are you losing weight with that?

Yes that is my diet I am on the 7th day of Clear liquids and it is getting tolerable.

Good Luck,

Bill

It's not about how much you losing before the surgery it's about shrinking your liver.... And prepping your body for this major surgery I have lost 25 lbs just got sleeved August 5 and feel good

I went to a lot of support classes for 9 months that was required by my insurance before I even was approved.

I'm sure many of us tried the slimfast diet and many other fad diets or we would not have made this decision to be sleeved... I say all that to say you gave to do what works for you... I have a excellent team of doctors,nurses ,dietitians,social worker that made sure I had everything I Needed and so on

My surgeon was caring and walked me through everything...

Like I said you have to to what's best for you including what instructions they give you to follow.

That menu is just a sample of what I did and it worked for me.

My point is I won't worry myself about how much I lose but I do know that it is healthy choices from this point on .