Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your "weight loss pet peeve?"

My best friend not being able to handle my losing weight and distancing herself. I don't think the friendship will survive it and I realize I am okay with that. I choose to get healthy and have no regrets.

This has been happening with me and one of my close friends too... but I do feel sad about it. :( I think the reason is because we had really bonded over our weight, food, and weight loss efforts. What I mean is we used to go out to eat together a lot when we weren't dieting, and when we were, we attended weight watchers together, and often walked after worked together to try to lose weight. She has actually now put on quite a few pounds while I've lost. I'm sure she doesn't feel very good, and I know how terrible that struggle is. I've told her about VSG but her insurance doesn't cover. There's a definite wedge now... it's sad.

As for my pet peeve... its clothes! I love, love, love to shop and buy new cute things now that I'm smaller... but then they don't fit me 5 minutes later haha! I have donated, thrown away, given away, and got rid of so many clothes in the last 8 months I could have probably clothed a small nation! I have to dress professionally for work, so need things all the time. I do the consignment shops, and outlet stores mostly now. I am kind of looking forward to the day when I get stabilized at a size that I can build a cute wardrobe and know it will be there for awhile.

Edited by Debbieduck4

I'm temporarily living with my mother, who is obese and fully into her own food addiction.

I am forever hearing that I keep "too much food" in the refrigerator (kale, tomatoes, yogurt, cheese, peppers, Soups, leftovers from restaurants), and there is "no room for my food" (crap, crap and more crap).

@@Debbieduck4 That's not a bad pet peeve to have lol! I love my local goodwill just because of that!

@@JustWatchMe Well crap takes up a lot of space! Both in the fridge and on the butt, hips, stomach & thighs!!

One pet peeve of mine is when co workers say "you just keep losing, I hate you" I know it's not really mean spirited but seriously do they even know what I had to do to be able to lose weight? I also like when people say they are losing the "hard"

Way. I just say the way I'm losing is the same as you. I still have to exercise and count calories. The only difference is I had major surgery and sometimes throw up

What I eat. Shuts them right up! Lol

My pet peeve is my co workers asking questions like "what was your old pants size? What is your size now?" Its like i had insecurities about my body before surgery and that doesn't just change overnight. My other favorite is the "are you supposed to be eating that?" I stick to my eating plan so its frustrating and besides its my body so if i want to devour a whole cheesecake its none of your business! Lol ok Rant over!

@@*Lexie* Oh me too! My girls wanted (insisted) on going to the golden coral last week. I haven't been to a buffet in almost a year. What a complete waste of money! I knew it was a bad idea. I had a couple bites of meatloaf, a spoon of corn and a chocolate dipped strawberry, I was watching the little 80 yr old couple sitting across from us and was amazed at how much they could eat. I'm like toddler sized portions :) I never touch the Water either. They may as well not even bring it.

I went to Golden Corral this weekend with a large group. The all got the buffet and I got the to go. They weighed my food at less than a pound and I ate with my friends from it with a few more meals to go!

My biggest pet peeve....when the food server assumes they are doing you a favor by giving you more....I DON'T WANT MORE I requested a small!!!!!

@@caligul I've gotten to where I ask for a to-go box with my food. When the food comes I figure out what I can eat and put the rest in the box to take home, by doing that they see the box and figure I'm done so they don't bother me about it. Or say something like "I'm really not even hungry I already ate". Something to that effect.

NO, MISTER OR MISS SERVER, I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DRINK WITH MY MEAL. YES, I'M SURE. NO, NOT EVEN Water.< /p>

take water then they will leave you alone

I would ignore aunties pics or comments and she will stop, and as for my kids etc, what I eat and how much is absolutely NOT up for discussion or debate. I would nip that crap in the bud now! Funny post btw lol.

NO, MISTER OR MISS SERVER, I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DRINK WITH MY MEAL. YES, I'M SURE. NO, NOT EVEN Water.

LOL, I have finally given up that battle! I just order Water so they will LEAVE ME ALONE!
I religiously order what cuz they just freak out if you dint get a drink. They already freak out enough if you tweak something on the menu a little to suit your needs.

First let me start off by saying I'm am a pretty happy and content girl these days. I'm thrilled with my progress thus far. I wouldn't change not even one thing! Not the good, the bad or the ugly (barium swallow test still ranks pretty ugly, I know simple yet traumatizing all the same) but I've noticed there are a few things that just really drive me crazy. Like, my Aunt who has also had WLS (gastric bypass almost 10 yrs ago). She has gained most all of her weight back. She insist that I send her update pictures via FB messenger and raves about how happy she is for me but then turns around and sends me a picture of a fruit pizza she made with the caption "yummy I bet you wish you had some". What the crap is that?! Is it suppose to be funny? Being as I'm a southern Christian woman and she's my aunt I don't elaborate on where she could fit that pie in her nether regions. I just say oh looks good. Puke. Also my lovely family (kids and husband) always make little remarks like "she's not going to be able to eat more that 5 bites" when ever I talk about cooking something or they make bets on how much I'm going to actually eat. Now, when it comes to them I know they aren't doing it in a mean spirited way they are just a bunch of smart a**'s which unfortunately I can't get too mad over because they got it from me. In fact the other night I had a small piece of tiramisu cake left and I heard them whispering about how they would end up with it because " mom won't be able to eat it all" so after a few bites they were right I couldn't so before they could say anything about wanting it I tossed it on the floor for the dog ;) (see where the a** part comes in?) anyway those things are a few of my pet peeves I've acquired over the last 9 months. Anyone else care to elaborate on some of your own?

Love this topic!

My pet peeve is my family wanting to go to restaurants that I have no use for anymore. I got a promotion a few months back and my husband wanted to Celebrate by going to Cheesecake Factory. That really wasn't a celebration for me, I would rather have a new outfit. And every dish at that place is huge, there was nothing I could order.

The other thing is choosing between eating and drinking. Sometimes when we go out, I want something tasty to drink like a flavored ice tea. But if I get that, I can't eat and vice versa. For me it's not just about following the rules, I literally get sick if I eat and drink at the same time. (probably for the best)

@@*Lexie* Oh me too! My girls wanted (insisted) on going to the golden coral last week. I haven't been to a buffet in almost a year. What a complete waste of money! I knew it was a bad idea. I had a couple bites of meatloaf, a spoon of corn and a chocolate dipped strawberry, I was watching the little 80 yr old couple sitting across from us and was amazed at how much they could eat. I'm like toddler sized portions :) I never touch the Water either. They may as well not even bring it.

I'm sure I will think of others as I continue my journey, but what has always bugged me is that throughout all of my weight loss attempts over the years, the well-meaning people that I love the most in this world have always wanted to feed me, "You're doing so good on your diet, let's go to Olive Garden. One decent meal won't hurt you" blah blah blah. Now my well-intentioned loved ones want to take me out on a tour of all of my favorite places to eat, which they all are my favorite, for my last meals :/ I have no desire to go and they just don't get it. They think I'm being ungrateful in not accepting their invites to eat. Yes, they are all within their normal weight ranges and have never struggled with obesity or food issues.

then I would politely say no thank you but if you are hungry. Feel free I would rather eat at home .however thank you for offering!

Let's all learn to say NO, it's my birthday and I chose where we go, it's my turn to choose the restaurant, I bought it to have only 2-3 bites and I know it's a waste but no one says a thing to a thin person who takes a couple bites, I have always said it's a Health Issue as why I can't eat.

All the tempting of friends and family has probably attacked my weak points before and once I failed and ate - I felt horrible and ate myself back up to my top weights, this is one of the reasons I am having the surgery. I think it is great how strong all you have been!

I think learning to ask a To Go Box was a wonderful informative suggestion on buffet locations, let's hear more of coping skills!!