Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your "weight loss pet peeve?"

@@Liz5012 That doesn't even make any sense if they themselves had surgery?! Did they lose their brain with the weight and not gain any back with the regained weight?! Weird!

I loved this comment from someone who had gastric bypass surgery and has put alot of weight back on: "I would never have elective surgery, why you can't just stop eating? Why would you go to that extreme."

I had to read this comment several times to figure wtf just happened. I am going to look past the fact that she had "elective surgery." But apparently she couldn't just "stop eating" so why did she expect you to do so?!

I think there are many people out there that think wls is a quick fix, easy, and that weight just falls off a person. A friend that is overweight can feel insecure and uncomfortable when they see you losing weight. I had surgery 3 months ago and the reaction of friends and family has been interesting to say the least!

For the most part I don't tend to have any major pet peeves. In terms of people wanting to go out to eat, I don't care where we go. My logic is that just because I can't eat most of it and most of it makes me sick, there is no reason other people should not get to enjoy their dinner.

On another note, I hate when people push for a specific number. So, how much did you lose? (Me: oh a bit) Them: But specifically, how many pounds? (Me: WHY?????) ok no not really I am polite and answer, but it irks me that they push for a number. Oh and "hey skinny" annoys me too. I've been at a healthy weight for over a year, so why must people keep drawing attention to the fact that I used to be fat, especially since most of them also knew me when I was thin before being fat?

Oh and it also annoys me when people comment on how much food I don't eat. Only three people know I had surgery and it seems like everyone else takes it upon themselves to comment about my meal sizes, my hair, my thin cheeks, or whatever else they happen to think is wrong with me. I really like my boyfriend...he is great. He doesn't know I used to be fat, so he's always telling me how cute and little I am (which I like, don't get me wrong) but then he teases me because I don't eat a lot. He's never mean about it and I know it's just gentle teasing, but I've gotten to the point where I'm like...yes I ate half of a side salad for dinner, but remember you like me little...do you want a fatty for a gf? Then STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT I DON'T EAT!!!!!!

Ok, so guess I did have a bit of a rant in me there, lol.

I just had this said to me today: "you really didn't have much to lose, did you, you didn't look it." Ok, being under 5'2", and weighing over 200 lb, was thin? I love stupid comments, they make me smile.

I'm sorry so many friends and family just don't get it. Would they do that to a person with a special diet due to cancer? I feel the fat is cancer and we are trying to heal from it. If they say you did it to yourself well so did smokers and I don't judge their choices. I have been thin many times but it has always come back and this is for me to heal. I don't expect others to give up their lives for my choice and food issues, but I hope to be strong and show them I made the right decision for me. The closest family members can want us to fail because they have and if we do it too it takes they failure blame off them. I have been up and down weight wise so many times and have been on both sides, I tried to never temp someone to do anything that they would regret eating later. Hang in there you can do it!

My biggest pet peeve has got to be people asking me how much weight I've lost, and then when I tell them, they say "slowly but surely you'll lose it all!" uhhh really?! I'm 7 months post-op and down 113 lbs, that's not Water weight and it isn't a little bit of weight either!!

Two come to mind. First, I am sick to death of people telling me i have gotten too skinny. My whole life I was always max 125 pounds until two years ago after having lung surgery and gaining almost 100 pounds because of the necessary steroids for survival. I'm just now at 145. Still have at least 10 more pounds to go. And second, my "best friend" had the lap band done this month two years ago. I got my sleeve in September of last year. I haven't seen her since April and haven't heard from her since May. But hear the comments she makes behind my back about me having surgery. Makes me sad.

@@kimmyco Why? Is she mad about the type of surgery you had, maybe she's not losing as much so she's jealous? Weird.

She lost about 75 pounds. But then gained about 15 back over the two years. I have lost 77 so far. Sadly she is the type that likes to be the center of attention. The comments she is making to our other friends about me are things like "I get tired of people always telling her how good she looks". And "it gets old how people turn the conversation to her weight loss journey all the time". But sadly when she began her journey we all did the same thing to her. We were so very proud.

"Fits and spurts" weight loss - where you go 3 weeks without losing a pound, then drop 6. By the 3rd week, my motivation is sorely lacking.

And the buffet people in the family! If it's a cheap one, fine, but $16 and I can't take leftovers? Bullsnot.

I'd say I have 2 pet peeves. The first is when people say, "you put the weight on slowly, you need to take it off slowly." Are you kidding? It wasn't put on slowly. I look at a slice of cheesecake and the scale goes up 4 pounds.

The second is more of a fat bashing pet peeve. When people, particularly men, tell me I need to be healthier in order to be involved in their lives. I want to say, "Tell it like it is. You don't want to be seen in public with a fat person. You don't care about my health, what my Blood pressure, cholesterol, CBC, blood sugar, or EKG results are. All of which are perfect by the way."