Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regret having surgery

I am 13 days post op and I have only lost 5lbs. I am soooo discouraged. I am very blessed that I haven't had any complication. I am on puree food and I have no problem getting in my Protein, but the scale hasn't moved. I am so sad

Don't be sad, the scale will move. It takes time. Some of us loose weight faster than others. I am 18 days post op and have lost 12 pounds, which is not a lot by most people's standards. I see people on here loosing more than 30 pounds at the 3 week mark! I'm like WHAT?! So, we have to be patient and grateful that we both had no complications. The weight will come off, just maybe a little slower than we had hoped. The pureed stage is the pits isn't it? I can't wait to be done with it! Good luck to you. You will do great. Be patient, it's not a race, it's a marathon, or a journey. ????

Did you gain from the swelling? I gained 10 pounds. I think it's too early to feel letdown. Your body is still healing from a major surgery. I had my gallbladder removed, sleeve and hernia repair. I'm not expecting weight loss for the first few weeks. Also, I'm retaining Fluid. I look 9 months pregnant. ???? but I know the weight loss will happen soon. I want my body to heal first. ????

I'm sure the scale will start moving soon, as long as you follow your surgeons instructions. Losing weight slowly is not necessarily a bad thing.

Chin up...????

Good Luck!!!

Edited by tcon

I stalled for 6 weeks. The doc finally put me on Probiotics and the scale started moving 24 hours later. I went to New Seasons, told them I had had the surgery and she suggested a senior formula at first to be gentle on the new pouch. I had no issues. I am taking 30 billion 2x a day. Our systems are so "messed" up right and any thing to help our bodies work better is beneficial. They won't hurt you so might as well try them.

Don't get discouraged, take your measurements and then check them once a month. I found on the weeks it felt like I didn't lose, it was inches I lost! Good luck on your journey! I'm 8 months out and almost at goal. If the weight would come off like the first 3 months, I would be at goal 2 months ago. Patience is one thing your sleeve teaches you.

I stalled for 6 weeks. The doc finally put me on probiotics and the scale started moving 24 hours later. I went to New Seasons, told them I had had the surgery and she suggested a senior formula at first to be gentle on the new pouch. I had no issues. I am taking 30 billion 2x a day. Our systems are so "messed" up right and any thing to help our bodies work better is beneficial. They won't hurt you so might as well try them.

A new topic just started on probiotics. I am interested in learning more about them.

@@nativedoll1 You won't be sad when your clothes start falling off of you. You won't be sad when you can walk, run and climb without getting winded. You won't be sad when people say, "you look 20 years younger!". You won't be sad when you have to shop for the trendy clothes that you've always wanted to wear.

Be patient, dear. It gets SO MUCH BETTER!!!

IT WILL MOVE, I THINK A LOT OF US HAVE REGRETS BUT YOU WILL SOON TOO SEE THAT THIS WAS A GREAT DECISION!! GIVE IT TIME!

Don't be sad... I never regretted my decision. I am exactly 6 months post op and stalled 3 times for a whole month. I am 4 pounds from my goal weight. So I know I will lose more than I intended.

Yes those darn scales are terrible things. If you try not to weigh yourself much, it will help and just follow your plan! I just love this feeling of losing! It will come off!!!!

Everyone is different. It is your journey. Your normal will be yours. Not mine or anyone here. Follow the plan and you will loss. Stay positive.

Native dollars

The day after surgury I stood on their scale and gained 8 pounds. It took 2 weeks for the scale to go down to before surgury weight. So when asked I much I lost I really have no clue because it's changed so many times. Jan 2015 268, July 2015 225, day aftee surgury 232, Aug 2015 215. Don't fret to much it'll happen.