Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First restaurant meal?

I had my first meal in a restaurant today - it was a work meeting. I had a scrambled egg with a side of goat cheese. I only ate half of it and was full! Bonus: my check was only $3.00!

What did you eat at a restaurant first?

I would recommend if you're going out to pull up the menu online first so you know what to get when you get there.

I have had tortilla Soup several times (without the tortilla strips). Mostly it's just the broth but sometimes I can eat the cheese and a couple of bites of chicken. This week I also had a few bites of guacamole (basically pureed avocado with lime). No chips - just with my fork. It was delicious and made me feel human!

Mine was hot n sour Soup too!

Mine was egg drop Soup. One serving lasted me 3 days and then I threw the remainder away because I was tired of it.

If you are newly sleeved, ask for strained soup. Most restaurants will gladly comply. It leaves more "stuff" for people who want chunkier soup.

scrambled eggs with cheese! first real food post surgery on day 3, it was yummy.

My first restaurant meal out was at about the 4 week mark.... So I was on soft foods. so I got Pulled Pork. Everyone else at the table cleaned their plate in about 10 minutes and i was picking at this mound of pork for 30 min and only ate 1/10 of it..... took the rest home. I ended up throwing out most of it, because I could only eat a few bites a day!

Before surgery, I could have devoured the entire plate and wanted more............

I also had tortilla Soup and just basically sipped at the broth because I was still on liquids, but it was a work lunch meeting that I was required to attend. I remember being so dang nervous!!! A great reminder for us to look at menus first to plan ahead when dining out too. Thank you :)

chicken enchilada Soup and salad at Chili's. I ate about half of each and my husband finished the rest.

Spinach artichoke Asiago dip w/ tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa. I ate three bites. 1 tortilla skimming the sour cream and salsa. I order a loaded baked potato that never was touched. I gutted it and took it home with the spinach. It took me a week to finish all of that. Oh, I left the chips away along with the the sour cream and salsa at the restaurants.

I had just started soft foods, so I had refried Beans - while my skinny sister ate a chicken chimi, chips & queso and a jumbo marg. ;)

Wow, you got to have scrambled eggs all ready!!! I'm dying to have some and yet have to wait till week 3 post op. I'm glad it was yummy!????