Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 2015 August Sleevers in Tijuana?

I just paid my deposit. The plan is surgery next week. Wow, it just got real.

I know!!!! I fly out Sunday morning. Im having a hard time sticking to my pre op which kind of scares me that Im not ready for this.

I am getting sleeved in Mexico with dr Jesus Lopez on August 19th. Have to say a little nervous.

Dr Lopez is great!! He sleeved me on June 15th and I have had no issues. He is great and the staff at the Sante Fe Clinique are amazing

Hi guys, I guess I represent the few who have a lot of trouble. Had surgery Wednesday . Was released from hospital yesterday. Bariatric Pal guys took me to their " recovery house". A 3 bed 2 bath house. You share bathrooms. Beds are saggy. It had no a/c and it's super hot here. They put a portable a/c in my room but it could only get it down to 77F. Felt like I couldn't breath. Finally told them I couldn't stay there. Insisted on going to a hotel. I have to pay for it myself but oh god so worth it! Everything I drink hurts all the way down. Still very nauseous. Had my very first full blown panic attack last night. Up every two hours walking. Hope today is better

I stayed at the recovery house when I had my surgery in June and it was great! It was nice having Juan available for any of our needs. It was a great experience. I didn't mind sharing the house with other patients. Met some really great people.

Waiting for Roberto to pick me up, now this is starting to get real. Wish me luck my surgery time is at 2:00 today. I am so thankful for this opportunity and wish everyone else good luck on your journeys. I have 2 boys at home and that it what is weighing on my mind this morning.

@@jennfred, good for you for insisting on going to the hotel! Really, the Bariatric Pal guys are just fine, and you won't have any problems. @@maggie409 stayed at the recovery house in June, and she liked it. As I mentioned, it might not have been so bad if it hadn't been so darned hot! But the hotel is more what we are accustomed to. Lots of space, all with central air, wonderful staff, and nurses to help if there are medical needs or questions. Plus, my husband went with me, and the Grand is close to all kinds of restaurants, fast food places, grocery stores, etc. so he could go for a walk and pick up some juice, or something to eat for himself without getting out of sight of the hotel. And once I got feeling better, I walked with him over to the Fast & Final grocery store to find some peach juice cuz I was tired of the apple. Just the walk was a challenge, but was so good for me to get outside in the sun and walk on streets and sidewalks and not just in circles around my room. Walk as much as you can. From the minute you wake up from surgery even, if you feel well enough for that. Up and down the hallway in the hospital. Or just back and forth in your hospital room if you need the a/c. INT hospital is not air conditioned in the hallways, just in each room. If it hurts, walk. Seems counter-intuitive, but the walking is what will help the gas to go away (they inflate the stomach area with CO2 so they can see what they are doing during the operation). Trust that you will be fine. Good luck!

I also had mine with dr. Jesus Lopez and bp...YOU ARE IN GREAT HANDS!! I had no complications whatsoever and the bp staff in Tijuana, it's amazing, they really give you warm hugs, make you feel comfortable, visit you at the hospital, walk you arond tijuana, order your meals, they are great, you'll love the Jenn!! Wish you the best.