Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What makes a good burger in my opinion is all the good toppings. Without the lettuce, Tomato, onions, cheese, sauces, and bun; all you have left is just boring and quite frankly DISGUSTING meat. Post surgery, that's all I really have room for in a hamburger, and I just hate them now. in fact, I am now 90% vegetarian. Anyone else have a former favorite food they now find gross?

I can no longer eat egg beaters, nor can I use cooking spray. Just the thought of either make me not feel so good... Yuck.

What makes a good burger in my opinion is all the good toppings. Without the lettuce, Tomato, onions, cheese, sauces, and bun; all you have left is just boring and quite frankly DISGUSTING meat. Post surgery, that's all I really have room for in a hamburger, and I just hate them now. in fact, I am now 90% vegetarian. Anyone else have a former favorite food they now find gross?

I love half a burger with no bun with a bit of ketchup and Carmelized onions.

McDonalds is gross to me, but we do have great burger places here, unfortunately or rather fortunately on my cheat day I can only eat about a 1/4 of it, and I don't like reheating it, I'm going to these places I found online like Carl Jr.'s, they offer the option of wrapping your burger in lettuce instead of bread

So, from my fat days, I am totally used to buying and eating 94/6 burgers. Now that I am a low carber, I buy 80/20 and it is SO MUCH BETTER. More fat, more juice, more flavor. Add a bit of REAL mayo, caramelized onion, mushrooms and gouda and yum.

90% vegetarian? :D

Black bean burgers are awesome with salsa verde and sour cream. YUMMMMM!!

Alfredo sauce is gross. Pre-op I could probably drink that stuff with a straw. But I went to the Cheesecake Factory, smelled the Alfredo sauce and was gagging internally.

Swore off of sandwiches and haven't really had a burger in a very long time. Just a bite of my husband's. Tasted ok but didn't seem worth the fat and carbs from the bun. I have learned that if I want ground meat that ground bison in leaner, tastier and not so bad for you. When my family wants burgers we grill ground bison and I eat a few ounces without the bun and extras. Yes, cheese and other toppings would be great, but I'm holding tough as long as I can! So far, so good!

yes I felt like a scmuck on the vegetarian part, I should go all the way- but I still like chicken. I just can't justify buying hamburgers when most of it gets thrown away, at least the animal should die making me happy :)

Edited by chunkylover

So I'm confused... I thought cheese was ok and had a lot of Protein. Please explain.

So I'm confused... I thought cheese was ok and had a lot of Protein. Please explain.

I eat so much cheese it's ridiculous. Good, full fat, rich, creamy REAL cheese. Every day. In stuff, on stuff, as a meal itself. I love cheese.

It's so fabulous that instead of eating "light" or "low fat" or skim milk cheese, I can eat the real thing and not feel one drop of guilt about it.

Love cheese.

When I chew-chew-chew hamburger, I get so disgusted with the little balls of fat left in my mouth that I end up spitting it out. The joys of WLS :)

Not really. I like all the same things I've always liked, just in MUCH smaller quantities. I LOVE a burger now. For home, I get gormet sliders form the meat counter with slider Buns and put my favorite toppings on. ONE taps me out but it satisfies my want for a burger. If I'm out, I get a kiddie burger and eat it open faced or do 1/2 or 1/4 of an adult burger.

I eat so much cheese it's ridiculous. Good, full fat, rich, creamy REAL cheese. Every day. In stuff, on stuff, as a meal itself. I love cheese.

It's so fabulous that instead of eating "light" or "low fat" or skim milk cheese, I can eat the real thing and not feel one drop of guilt about it.

Love cheese.

I'm with you! I love cheese! One of my favorites right now is a turkey burger mixed with feta or goat cheese. It's wonderful!