Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally got my surgery date! August 17th

This is crazy but I had surgery on Monday and ALSO got my period again today!

And I just had it two weeks ago!

Lol, glad I'm not the only one. When I saw that yesterday I was freaking out a bit like uhhhh why am I bleeding?! But now I see it's pretty normal.

Also, today I realized the psychological effects of having this are no joke. I've been spending the day with my parents, grandfather, and baby sister. I'm tired of being stuck at home by myself with my husband working and it's actually been a really lovely day. Well my little sister was getting ready to be taken to a lock-in at church and my mom was being a little secretive talking to my stepdad. Come to find out they are going to a nice dinner, at a place I love...with no real Soup options unfortunately, after dropping her off and were not going to invite me because of the surgery. I understand it wasn't to be rude, they just assumed I wouldn't want to go, but I just started bawling. Like what?! There's no need for me to go with and be miserable looking at all the delicious food, but dragging my butt back to the solitude of my home just sucked :-(

Edited by TXTinana

I'm finally feeling normal. The gas pain is decreasing a lot!!! I've been walking early in the mornings before it gets to hot outside. I'm trying so hard not to make a mistake and upset my sleeve. Does anybody else feel that way? I haven't even been able to reach my liquid goals. I feel like I'm not sipping enough or maybe to much this whole thing is such a learning experience for me.

sugar free popcicles are my best friend right now I have like 3 or 4 a day. I drove for the first time today!! Yay!! Tomorrow I can start on full liquids. I'm so excited. I'm not really hungry but this head hungry is brutal!! Every tv show and movie has some delicious looking food in it.

I hope everybody is doing well.

Can't believe I'm 3 days post op. Now to go get another popcicle.

I know what everyone means about the gas pains! Am 5 days post op and I feel like I'm walking around with a blown up balloon in my stomach - so bloated! Am doing the "walk walk walk - sip sip sip" but still isn't going anywhere.

Ohh sugar free popsicles sound nice! Not hot enough here for them as its winter so been sipping on herbal teas. I'm *just* getting a litre of liquid in a day but its definitely getting easier.

@@thinkingthin15 - i understand about trying not to make a mistake! I had a blonde moment yesterday where i was making a smoothie from the book i was given - i needed some low fat natural yogurt so I opened up a new container, and without thinking, scrapped off a good spoonful of the 'good stuff' from underneath of the lid... was a bit too heavy/thick for my stomach and it sure let me know about it for a few mins!

@@TXTinana Oh, no! I am so sorry. I can understand why this hit you the way it did. Everything is so sensitive right now; you've been feeling cooped up and now you're left out of something you used to do. I know you know this, but the day will come when you'll be able to go with them to that restaurant again. Right now, we're so, so limited in our food choices because we're still healing. Though it may totally suck, we MUST heal. I'm stuck at home, too. I get it. You will get there. I promise. In the meantime, I'm sending big hugs. I understand and am right there with you. We're going to be fine.

@@Beckster82 I am all about sugar free popsicles right now!!! They hit the spot even if it's cold!

Edited by Mini_me007

@@thinkingthin15 You're doing amazingly well!! Yay!! Now you can even drive to the store for more popsicles. LOL! So happy for you!

@@Mini_me007 I know it was for the best just hit me out of nowhere last night. Couldn't believe I cried about that.

Oh, and yes...sugar free popsicles are amazing!!!

This whole experience is such trail and error. Is anybody else experiencing tightness or pain in their chest while swallowing liquids? Maybe I'm sipping to fast to soon or I'm taking to big of a sip.

I keep getting a lot of gas pressure built up on my liquids. Really didn't feel that I was drinking too much or too fast :-/

I keep getting a lot of gas pressure built up on my liquids. Really didn't feel that I was drinking too much or too fast :-/

Me too !! I have managed more liquids each day, but the gas !! Ugh ????. I walk all the time too. I actually feel really good other than that. It's a full time job to get all this down haha

Back to work tomorrow. It took me over 1/2 hr to get all my supplements/meds and fluids, etc.. Prepped and packed up...

Yeah back to work tomorrow as well. I am setting my click earlier so i can get all my Vitamins in before I have to get kiddos (1 and 4) ready for school. I have only my liquid pain meds at night so I can turn over without the pain(pulling). I was shocked that I actually was asleep on my stomatch.

Working on getting these liquids(water) in along with my Protein shake(EAS). I was surprised that these past 2 nights I have been getting hungry. I warmed up some miso Soup about less than a 1/2 cup and felt full. I tried out my cup with a straw today and I don't get gas as quickly but I still take my liquid gas -x. Honestly I would rather burp than pass gas.. (TMI sorry). Hubby goes in on 9/21 so he is watching me like like a hawk. He really has been wonderful. I am going back to the gym tomorrow so I will you guys know how that goes. Overall today was 8/10. 10=good day. This has really helped me so much.

Back to work for me today as well. Not looking forward to it. Not to mention didn't sleep well last night to top it all off. Good luck everyone today!

Work is going pretty good so far. I wanted to take a nap right around lunch time. I had a lot to catch up on but I might sneak in a nap for lunch tomorrow haha.

Oh, and SNEEZING. SO. NOT. COMFORTABLE.

Work today was 6/10. I wanted a nap bit home resting before I get kiddos.and head to the gym later. Will make sure I drink (sip) on a Protein Shake before the gym.