Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally got my surgery date! August 17th

@TXTinana

I know the feeling being away from all the hospital meds and reclining beds etc is hard. And being woke up to be given pain meds etc was a pain i realize now why they did it. I slept through last night as i was so tired but woke up feeling terrible having not kept up with my drug regime. Every sip of Water has been painful and have to burb.

Anyway I have started to learn a few tricks- warm sugar free flavoured drink is going down much better than cold plain water. for me warm smoothy runny Soup is going in better than cold Greek yogurt etc. (better mention here my nut/surgeon plan is straight onto thinker liquids that could be strained like protien shake and smooth runny soup etc)the worst thing is all my meds seem to be quite big capsules which really hurt. :(

I'm starting to feel a little shakey on m feet and weak armed so now i've got my new tricks trying to get in as much as possible before i get more dehydrated and too low for too long on calories.

I believe in a week or so so long as we all work on our own tips and tricks with in our guidelines we will start feeling more human :)

My doc said to not worry about sugar free this week and drink juice or stuff with sugar to help in the calories department since it will be hard to get in my Protein right now. I'm on Clear Liquids for the next few days and I don't know today was just rough going. I did feel better after having some room temperature gatorade. My antibiotics were super hard/disgusting to get down though :-(

I gagged so bad getting my meds mixed with applesauce down this morning ????. Just thinking about it makes me nauseous. Now that I am home, I am on a strict schedule of getting Fluid, meds & Vitamins in but I am worrying about how I'll manage all this when I go back to work ... I know we all will get I down to a science but in the meantime, I will take it day to day. Hope you all are feeling well today ????

Slept in my bed last night instead of the recliner last night which felt nice. Down 6 lbs since surgery. Feeling okay, let's see how we get these fluids down today....

Have a great day all!

Glad everyone is getting settled, although I wish none of us were having issues.

I'd really love to get out of the house, but I'm still a little weak. When I do my 10 minute walks around the house, my legs get weak. I'm not usually a wuss...should I be walking much further since I'm not feeling too bad?

Hi everyone. I'm still in the hospital and will be discharged tomorrow. Looking back at some of posts when I first got here....I can't believe the misspellings, etc! I blame it on the drugs I was given ????

The plan is to make sure I can tolerate taking medication orally rather than by IV. I feel so much better now. Although I wish I could go #2 (sorry if TMI). I'm not in pain with Constipation but I would like to go.

I am not weighing myself yet. I'm going to weigh myself when I see the surgical team for my first post-op appt on 9/3

Hi everyone. I'm still in the hospital and will be discharged tomorrow. Looking back at some of posts when I first got here....I can't believe the misspellings, etc! I blame it on the drugs I was given

The plan is to make sure I can tolerate taking medication orally rather than by IV. I feel so much better now. Although I wish I could go #2 (sorry if TMI). I'm not in pain with Constipation but I would like to go.

I am not weighing myself yet. I'm going to weigh myself when I see the surgical team for my first post-op appt on 9/3

I'm so glad you get to go home tomorrow if you can tolerate oral meds! You've been where you needed to be, though, bless your heart. You're not alone with the number 2 issue...I'm going to have to take something tonight. Ugh. Happy you're feeling better!

Another TMI bit perhaps, to top everything off this week I just got my period about a week and a half early. Maybe that explains why I have been a little extra crampy today :-/

TXTinana mine wasn't due for another 2 1/2 weeks but it started today. At least I am going home today ????

So hmm well lol jk I hope you guys are feeling better

This is crazy but I had surgery on Monday and ALSO got my period again today!

And I just had it two weeks ago!

My surgery is September 15th and if I get a period im gonna sue the doc lol????????????