Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know it has been talked about but I'm feeling like a failure....

I was sleeved on March 24, 2015. Everything was going great until about a month ago. I left for summer break (I'm a teacher) and weighed 194. I hit 184 on my 3 month anniversary (June 24, 2015) and have stayed put! I've read about stalls but a ONE MONTH stall this early in? I feel like I'm up against time, trying to lose all my weight during that "honeymoon" period (6-12 months) but this stall is killing me!

I will say that the logical part of my brain is thinking that I am retaining Water (I get at lest 60 oz plus a day) due to the heat but the illogical part of me just gets depressed and thinks this is it. Plus my clothes are fitting tighter which really has me freaked out!

Edited by akreese02

It's time to evaluate what you are currently doing, and what you can do differently. And even if it's something you don't really have control over (like some stalls), at least you will feel like you are being proactive to fix it. I've gone through it, and am also currently going through a 2 week stall right now.

First, make sure you're tracking. And not half assed (like I have been known to do, lol). Really tracking every morsel that goes into your mouth. I use MFP. Ask your NUT or surgeon (or even people on this site) about how many calories you should be consuming, and stick with it. If you have been tracking and have a set amount of calories, either raise or lower the amount accordingly.

If you are not exercising regularly, start. If you are, change it up. I have been doing cardio and a little bit of weights for a few months, and it's been working. Not this month, so I'm going to go back to a circuit type training program using my own body for resistance and raising my heart rate that way.

Sometimes, JUST SOMETIMES, I have used carbs to break a stall. When I say carbs I don't mean from fruit, dairy or veggies. I mean the good stuff (sarcasm) from bread, crackers, potatoes, etc...seems the body gets sort of a "shock" from the increased carbs and weight loss starts again. Use with caution!

Anyway, there are a couple of ideas. Like I said, I like to be proactive and change things up. Makes me feel like I'm at least doing something to help things along :) Good Luck!

Thanks! It is the battle over what the mind logically knows to be true and the emotional part of stalling out. I do get that motivation to change it up and have slacked on tracking EVERYTHING like you said. I really think it was trying clothes on that I have worn all summer and them feeling tight that freaked me out!

@@akreese02

You can do this! You've done well to this point, just pick up the momentum again and get er done!

Straight-up question: Are you tracking your food intake? Do you know how many calories you're eating? How many Protein grams you're eating?

I track on MFP but have had many social events that have derailed me. I'm kind of excited to get back to school, back to routine and structure.

It is so hard to stay on track with Protein and Water goals when on vacations.... I planned and did my best but I too am ready for getting back to routine!