Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There once was a women named Ellen

Whose weight was too much for the ‘tellin

But the sleeve and gym helped her get thin

Now her size she is happily ‘yellin.

100 lbs lost since the start of the 2-week pre-surgery diet on July 30, 2014. About 150 lbs lost from my all-time highest weight. Pants size day of surgery: women’s 22/24. Today: size 6 petite for the most part! Percentage body fat pre-surgery: 49.3; today: 38.3 (still not normal, but working on it) Blood pressure medicine went from 2 different prescriptions 2X a day, to one prescription, once a day at the minimal dose!

Many, many more changes I could detail, but you get the idea! So, so happy, grateful and THRILLED to be normal for the first time ever. Went on my first diet at age 6. Losing 100 lbs is a lot to wrap my head around – there’s certainly a lot less of me if anyone cares to wrap their arms around me (hint, hint to single men in New England).

Doctor never gave me a goal, I choose 132 so that I could have a normal BMI, but I’m not sure I can get there without plastic surgery. I’ll keep going until I see and feel what weight is best. I work out a lot, so may have to up that goal a bit.

Bariatric Pal has helped me a lot – I read more than I post – so thank you all very, very much for going with me on this journey and helping me reach this milestone.

Sincerely,

Ellen, AKA Tiny Tina

Congratulations on your amazing success. You are an inspiration'

I loved your post!! It put a big smile on my face after a long day of work.

Congrats on your success!!!

Thank you all! By the way, my 2 miniature poodles are looking slim and fabulous. Since I weigh everything and enjoy every morsel -- I don't feed them off my plate anymore! They have each lost about 3 lbs over the past year, which is a lot for small dogs. We compete in dog agility -- they are little athletes -- so this is great for them too!

Regards,

Ellen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!