Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wouldn't worry about your past mistakes. All you can do is move forward from where you are now! Instead of thinking about paying for your mistakes, think about all the money you will be saving on future healthcare! Thankfully, my insurance covers me, I'm just having to pay the deductible.

What Protein shakes have you tried?

Edited by LessOfMe0503

Meal Replacements and Protein Shakes whether it's pre-made or powder has always been nasty for me. That is why things like Slim Fast and Akins never works for me. I'm just one of those crazy people they cannot eat something that is not palatable. But I did find a shake that I can stomach for my pre op diet. It is not chalky like other shakes and the after taste is really not bad. However, the downside is it's only 10 grams of Protein instead of 15, and it's an Aldi store brand called fit & active. I don't know where you are so I don't know if you have that store. Unjury is another one that I was introduced to on this website that I'm going to try. You buy it online and it is very affordable and you can get a sample Start Kit for $22 plus shipping and then you can figure out which flavors you like.

Edited by fitme

I bought a large tub of Met-Rx vanilla Protein powder from Trader Joes. I just can't stomach the texture/taste. It's like drinking cake batter. I should try some premade shakes- they might be better.

I should look at it that way. And all the money I'll save from eating out. I'll be a cheap date now. ????

I am getting my band on August 25th. I start my pre-surgery diet of Protein Shakes and low glycerin veggies August 11th. It is coming up fast! Good luck to everyone else getting banded in August!

Yay!!!!!! We should start an August Band group and help each other along the way!! Lol!!

Yay for a August Banders group! I had my last pre op appt today. I have lost 4 pounds on the pre op diet so far. My surgeon said I need to keep heading in the direction. He kept saying that if he couldn't move my liver he wouldn't place the band (which I already knew). He didn't tell me I had to lose a certain number of pounds but I got the feeling he wasn't happy with 4. Did anyone's surgeon give them a specific amount of weight to lose?

I would love to have some friends who are going through the same things as me. I haven't told many people I am doing this and most of the ones who do know don't get it. Lol

I've not told many people either. I know this is going to sound nuts but I'm kind of embarrassed about it? I think people seem to think its the "easy way out" I'm like ummm no.. This is going to be freaking hard!! Does that make sense? Lol!!

Absolutely! This is not going to be easy at all. My fat friends (I can call them that because I am fat too), seem to think we can just split a sandwich or fries or Pasta dish etc and all will be well. That is their idea of being supportive. I keep telling them I won't be eating like that anymore yet they persist on saying how we can just share our meals at restaurants. Um...no! Then there is another friend who is a twig and tells me I don't need to lose weight. Bah!

I have told the people that I know will be supportive. I am learning that I have some really great friends! I'm ready to "go public" but I don't mind if people know. It's like the words are just hard to say, but a couple of people- like my grandma- have asked if it's ok to share.

Is anyone else having any last minute doubts? I can look past the fact that I'm stressing over the money part, and how life with food will change, but it's all the negative or horror stories that have me still just a little unsure about going through. Like the people who only have their bands for a few years and then need it removed. If I'm financing this thing for 4/5 years- I need it to last that long or longer. I went to my preop yesterday and asked the surgeon several questions and he reassured that some things do happen often (slips) and that some issues are rare (erosion). One thing I've realized is that this is definitely a different experience for each person. I'm hoping to be one of the ones who is successful with it, but that small voice inside me keeps saying "what if you're not, then you're screwed".

Yes, I am a bit worried about it. I live in Canada and revisions are covered for 5 years as are adjustments. I worry whether I can truly learn to take small bites and chew well enough. The money part worries me too. If I fail...there goes a ton of money down the drain! I think having doubts is normal.

And reading some of these boards scare me lol!!! I mean one has had the band for a year and lost only 17

Pounds and the complaints about being hungry all the time.. Ooh I'm scared lol

Are any of you all on Facebook? Would you want to be friends? Lol!!!