Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greek yogurt-I like to hoard this. I have a problem haha

Beef Jerky

Different kinds of cheese-love cheese!

Carb balance tortillas

Deli meat

Nuts-I make a trail mix with all kinds and throw some dark chocolate morsels in for a little bit of sweet

Quest bars & chips

Combat Crunch Protein bars

Crystal light

tuna

Fresh veggies-especially brussel sprouts

Fresh fruits

oatmeal

There's probably a few more foods but that's the basics.

I still feel new to this but I definitely have a few favorites:

Greek whips yogurt

tuna

Unflavored Protein Powder

Torani Syrup

PB2 and Peanut Butter

Greek yogurt&mayo combo(my own)

Cauliflower

cheese of some sort-cream/sliced/hard/string

I feel like there is more but Always have these!

I am definitely a stocker-upper! On hand for myself (I do a lot of cooking without partaking):

100-calorie Greek yogurts (what did we do before Greek yogurt!)

gluten-free Cereal (I put a little in my yogurt as otherwise it's a slider food for me. I need to chew)

Walnuts, sunflower seeds, almonds

cheese, Grommit! (@@LipstickLady, bet we could open a cheese shoppe!)

eggs -- a fried egg is my go-to when I'm suddenly hungry

Smoked salmon. I just feel better if there is an extra packet in the freezer. olives -- they are something I can have just a couple of and feel very satisfied. Good ones, oil-cured are my favorite.

Black Beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans

Hummus

Celery -- I have to destring it and/or cut up into small pieces

Scallions & cilantro --seem to use in everything

Carrots, onions, garlic - scallions

Ground beef (we only buy organic grass-fed now)

Ground turkey (Costco has organic ground turkey, yippee)

Things I still can't have in the house:

Peanut Butter -- I can't be trusted not to find a tiny spoon and start in...have not tried almond butter for the same reason but I may give it a shot as I used to love a rice cake with almond butter.

Cottage Cheese -- I have this when I go visit my parents and I can just have a little, but at home I have a tendency to go back for more, more....

Very few foods hold that old power over me. I am able to ignore the ice cream and sorbet, etc., that we often have in the freezer. Wouldn't go near the breads, Pasta or rice, etc. I can even have chocolate in the house -- in fact that should have been on the list of staples above. I let myself have a little dark chocolate when I want it. No depriving myself, that is over.

Thanks for all your replies! Not surprisingly, it looks like we have a few common food themes! Greek yogurt seems to be essential for most of us! And the other proteins: there are the staples like tuna and beef Jerky, and cheese. I’m surprised eggs didn’t come up much, although they did a little bit.

Those diet foods are right up there for some of you, too – the diet drink mixes, Protein bars and powders, sugar-free syrups, etc. Yep! Once you find something you like, it’s hard to pass them up in the store because you don’t want to risk not being able to find them.

Bandista, I am right with you about having certain foods around! You mention Peanut Butter and cottage cheese – both are healthy, but both can lead to trouble. I get it completely!

Those fresh fruits and veggies are a must-have for me, too. My problem is buying way too many in the store or market when they’re on sale and beautiful. I’m trying really hard to control myself in the store (there will probably be apples and lettuce available next week, too! LOL) so I don’t have to race to eat them while they’re still good.

I used to share that love of Oikos vanilla greek yogurt. But I always need to pair yogurt with a carb, since i never was a fan of yogurt. I decided to give up yogurt to let go of the carb need to tolerate it. But I've digress...

My must haves are:

Eggs/egg beaters

cheese sticks (Colby-Jack)/cheese

Cashews

Peppers, Tomato cucumber, spinach/lettuce

tuna

Canned peaches

lunch meat

meats (chicken, steak/today, pork)

Water/diet snapple

I wish I was one who loves Greek yogurt. It just seems so tart to me. I'm hoping my tastes will change post-surgery and that I will then love it!

I love going to Whole Foods and buying 1/4 pound of the best quality meats and fish I can find. You know the really expensive, grass fed organic stuff. When you are eating for your sleeve you can go quality over quantity. ;-)

I never travel with out my Protein powder, almonds, beef Jerky in my carry on. I really enjoy Monster Muscle energy drinks when I am on the road - too many calories for everyday, but they are great in some situations (like after blowing through 6000 calories on a mountain climb -- story here: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/346873-once-a-wish-now-done-what-makes-you-proud/)

Edited by OKCPirate

I cannot live without my Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt. My strong preference is for vanilla flavor with Bear Naked high-Protein / gluten free granola, raspberries, and blueberries. But just about any flavor will do, and I never pass a full day without one. I just came back from 2 weeks of overseas travel for business, and the days I couldn't find Greek yogurt were very bleak indeed.

I also *have* to have Crystal Light lemonade. On this same trip, brought four boxes of single-serving lemonades. I ran out the day before I was scheduled to come home and was all "welp, time to go!". That last day was rough.

Other common items in my pantry include Quest Protein chips (especially the cheese flavor), and Quest Protein Bars only for emergencies. My freezer always has Sea Cuisine tortilla-crusted tilapia and raw chicken breasts to make into chicken salad as needed.

Edited by anaxila

I love going to Whole Foods and buying 1/4 pound of the best quality meats and fish I can find. You know the really expensive, grass fed organic stuff. When you are eating for your sleeve you can go quality over quantity. ;-)

I never travel with out my Protein powder, almonds, beef Jerky in my carry on. I really enjoy Monster Muscle energy drinks when I am on the road - too many calories for everyday, but they are great in some situations (like after blowing through 6000 calories on a mountain climb -- story here: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/346873-once-a-wish-now-done-what-makes-you-proud/)

Man wish I could do that! Sadly I am feeding a household of five including a growing teen boy! Whole Foods is my love but not in my budget!

@@jess9395 - I have four kids, three of whom have moved out...hint: as they move out convert their rooms into something else - no boom-a-rangs ;-)

bacon, turkey bacon yes of course and even regular bacon, its a staple for me. My Protein shake mix of course, and really good Peanut Butter, as in no ingredients but peanuts and some salt. ALthough im trying to kick Peanut Butter and havent had or bought any in a week because i was using it to snack on even when i wasnt needing a snack. ( yikes) lol and my coffeemate sugar free italian sweet cream coffee Creamer. and sugar free Jello and sugar free pudding, and sugar free cool whip, those three helped me through the soft foods and liquids stages without making me punch a wall in frustration...lol

eggs

cheese

Click Mocha

Deli meat

Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean burgers; one of these topped with an over easy egg is my go-to quick meal

Canned chicken

Canned tuna

Yogurt, natch

Pork rinds

Turkey pepperoni

Turkey pepperoni

Butterball turkey sticks

FISH (salmon, tuna, tilapia, cod, swai)

spinach

kale

cucumbers

Walden Creamy Bacon Salad Dressing (0 cal)

Apple Cider Vinegar

Sugar Free/Fat Free pudding

Almond Milk 30 calorie

strawberries

@@LipstickLady - so what kinds of cheese qualify as "good cheese"? I am a pre-surg cheese fan myself. Eat quite a few trader joes light cheddar cheese sticks. What I would consider good cheese though is triple cream St Andre but don't think I'll be eating that anymore;-)

@@LipstickLady - so what kinds of cheese qualify as "good cheese"? I am a pre-surg cheese fan myself. Eat quite a few trader joes light cheddar cheese sticks. What I would consider good cheese though is triple cream St Andre but don't think I'll be eating that anymore;-)

High fat, REAL cheese. Real Gouda, real feta, real cheddar, whole milk mozzarella -- high fat, full flavor CHEESE. Triple cream sounds awesome.