Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

liquids don't really fill you up, so you will be able to eat/drink more without feeling that "full" sensation.

Now is a good time to start measuring out your portions to get you into the habit of it. Just because you can eat it, doesn't mean you should!

I'm 6 days out and have no problem getting in 8 ounces of liquid (broth or otherwise) at a time. I'm taking small sips - but can take a lot of small sips. I've found myself thirsty a lot, so just trying to address it with Water - but typically that's with 8 ounces of water in small sips. No pain or cramping at all.

Lol I can take 48oz. Of Water and 12oz. Of Protein I eat 3 times a day and can eat 3-4 oz per meal sometimes 5 oz. I'm on soft mushy foods but also can tolerate soft solid I'm only 9 days out of surgery and I sometimes feel like I'm eating to much thanks for posting this I feel some relieve

At least I'm not alone. I see so many people that can only take a bite or two and that makes me panic. ????

lol me too

Went to the dr today for my follow up and he said the average most people can eat is 4-8oz. I'm 6 days post op and am around 4oz per meal of full liquids myself... He said as the swelling of the stomach goes down (up to week 8 i think he said), you can start taking in a little more over time

had my first sip of Soup yesterday to ease into the stage 2...I felt 100 times stronger, lol. So glad that people are doing well around the same amount of time as i am--1 week post-op today. 1st appt. tomorrow!

I'm only 5 days post -op and was unable to keep anything down the first 3 days. But I am real concerned that 1) I feel hungry, and 2) I can almost eat a whole bowl of cream of wheat. I'm starting to feel like my sleeve didn't take at all. Everyone is saying one or two bites and they were stuffed.

I'm only 5 days post -op and was unable to keep anything down the first 3 days. But I am real concerned that 1) I feel hungry, and 2) I can almost eat a whole bowl of cream of wheat. I'm starting to feel like my sleeve didn't take at all. Everyone is saying one or two bites and they were stuffed.

It does get better when you start eating more solid foods. I just tell myself that even though I am able to take in more than a lot of people in the beginning it's still like 1/4 or even 1/8 or what I used to eat. I'm hoping I just healed quickly and the swelling went down faster than most. Hang in there.

Just in the last few days have I been able to eat more than half a cup of jello/pudding in a sitting. Mixed emotions about it, but I'm learning my limits are still not always a full container. What I find more intriguing is the lack of craving. As long as I'm busy and have Water I can go the majority of the day on almost no "food". I make sure that I eat, but the fact that I can go without the head hunger right now is nice.

Oh I am so glad I found this post. I am able to get in all my liquids and Protein with ease. I am 9 days post op and last night I went to watch a tennis match. I took a Vitamin Water to sip on and realized I not only drank the whole thing I had another one in my purse that was half full and I drank that one as well. Around 24 ounces in 3 hours. It's like I didn't even have surgery. I sipped. And had no pain. I am getting worried this is going all wrong for me.

Everyone's body is different. The size of your sleeve is directly related to the size of your stomach before surgery.

I can drink a 11.5oz Premier Protein in 3 hours by sipping consistently and I'm almost 3 weeks post op.

For the first week, I could only handle 2 oz every 2-3 hours. Now for Water I can drink up to 8 oz per hour as long as I'm sipping slowly.

When I eat pureed foods or semi-soft foods, I can only eat 2.5-3 oz. I don't tolerate ground meat too well, but I can tolerate scrambled eggs that are soft cooked and refried Beans when they're thinned out a bit.