Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depression, Anxiety and Anger

I feel the same way. I feel angry when I see my husband enjoying meals i can't have and when I have to cook some of my favorite foods for him and my kids. I am not angry with them, it's more of myself for making such a drastic change in my life. I think... hope that it will soon get better.

I had the same feelings post op. I too had to go through a very thorough process to get approved. One was a psych eval. They wanted to make sure that I was aware of what exactly was happening to me. So I was aware of what was going to happen so psychologically I had to prepare myself. 20 months post op and I still have moments that I am sad that I can't eat a full meal like the rest of my family or I get frustrated and I say out loud...sometimes I just wish I could have one full meal! But I voice it and the frustration is gone and I go buy a cute shirt. :)

Hang in there. It will get better.

My depression has gotten significantly worse since my surgery. I had it well managed an under control. I do suspect that my extended release meds were not being properly absorbed. It has been 7.5 weeks and I am down 40 lbs. shouldn't I be happy!

I WENT ABSOLUTELY CRAZY A COUPLE MONTHS OUT. HARD TO ADMIT BUT I WAS NUTS, SICK, A TOTAL WRECK, AND EVEN BORDERLINE SUICIDAL. I HAD TO GET ANXIETY MEDS AND ANTI DEPRESSANTS. NEVER HAD TO DO THAT IN MY ENTIRE LIFE BUT I KNEW I NEEDED HELP AND I GOT IT IMMEDIATELY. I KNOW IT IS SO SO SO HARD FOR YOU TO BELIEVE ME RIGHT NOW BUT ALL THIS WILL PASS. I FELT LIKE MY LIFE WOULD NEVER BE BACK TO NORMAL AND I WAS TOTALLY FREAKING OUT ABOUT WHAT I HAD VOLUNTARILY DONE TO MY BODY...PERMANENTLY. BUT I AM SO HAPPY I DID, SO VERY THANKFUL, AND SO MUCH MORE HEALTHY.. IT WILL BE WONDERFUL FOR YOU IN TIME....

???? I 100% agree with weight loss comes this bat shit crazy feelings my coping mechanism was gone. I couldn't stuff my feelings then I was getting attention I didn't understand and it made me bitter at first. Now I'm happy and feeling free of the crazys

Update: so I went to my primary care and requested to start Wellbutrin XL. It's been almost 2 weeks since I started and I feel so so much better. I still have my days for sure.. But the overwhelming sadness has disappeared. I'm 5 weeks out of surgery and have hit 24 lbs down. I'm officially in the 180s. It's crazy to say that.. When I had my band put in 4 years ago I was almost 300lbs.

Keep you chin up and take one day at a time. Even with the meds I can't look at the future and not get sad.. Thanksgiving.. Halloween.. Christmas... But I now know that I'll just have to jump these hurdles as they come.

Thanks for the update angbutler0712.. it is great to know there is some hope. I may have to discuss my depression and anxiety with my doctor when I got on the 31st. It is nice to have this forum to calm us.

Nice! I think this site is awesome! Lots of support! Also so nice to hear that a lot of you have gone through the same emotions I had as well. I am 11weeks out but was super crazy for about 7 weeks after surgery!!! So weird to feel like a crazy PMS chick 24/7!! It's awesome

I had surgery on July 27. First week had a lot of pain and palpitations. 6 days after surgery found myself in the emergency room dehydrated. I was so angry with myself for having this surgery. Two days after dehydration I got loose stools for 4 days.

My Dr. Put me on Probiotics and Benifiber to regulate my stomach. I am now eating chicken, fish vegetables and feeling, alive again. Still very tired, and hoping I will feel better, It seems like I am never going to enjoy food again. Also feeling angry and having outburst of anger with hubby. ????

I had surgery on July 27. First week had a lot of pain and palpitations. 6 days after surgery found myself in the emergency room dehydrated. I was so angry with myself for having this surgery. Two days after dehydration I got loose stools for 4 days.

My Dr. Put me on probiotics and Benifiber to regulate my stomach. I am now eating chicken, fish vegetables and feeling, alive again. Still very tired, and hoping I will feel better, It seems like I am never going to enjoy food again. Also feeling angry and having outburst of anger with hubby. ????

It gets a easier.. I promise. I opted to go on wellbutrin to help bring me back to normal. I now feel wonderful. The weight is coming of nice and steady and I'm able to eat very small portions of most whatever I want. Still all low sugar and low fat. I wish you the best. Try to stay positive.

I really sympathize with all these feelings you are all feeling.... Can not be easy. I am just 11days post opt and have asked myself why so many times but I can't go back so I might as well go forward.