Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So scared with this stricture

I have had two weightloss surgeries. First gastric bypass. I had complications so the revised me to a sleeve.

Now I have a stricture with scar tissue. They did a dilation yesterday and today I threw up just as usual. I haven't been able to eat solids in 7 months.

I've lost 120 pounds, am now underweight, and the backs of my legs have started going numb. Vitamins make me throw up like everything else.

Has anyone had stricture dialations and had it work for them?

I am so scared this is not going to work for me and they are talking about converting me back to bypass. I can't imagine the idea. Nor can I have a stent as I hear they are very painful and I refuse to go back on narcotics as it was so difficult for me to get off of them after spending four months in the hospital on diladid.

I feel like I'm losing hope.

How did this turn out for you? It sounds like it was horrible.

Nor did I think it was possible to "revise" from a gastric bypass to a sleeve.

Is it?

Agreed, how can they reroute your intestines and than re route them again? Doesn't seem they would elect to do this.... Forgive me in advance but there are several post on here with information that seems medically impossible... Not sure if these are some people who misunderstood what they were having done or post to discourage others but it's odd.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Is it?

Doing a quick Google search, it seems it's not possible either. But I'm no surgeon so who knows?

Don't underestimate the power of Google! Not sure if these people are attention seekers or what... I have a problem with them violating the good faith so to speak of these threads.

Hahahahahaha. It's possible. Trust me I'm living with it.

First they gave me a bypass.

Then the "undid" it by putting my intestines back and re connecting my old stomach.

Then they cut that into a sleeve.

Why the hell would I want attention on the Internet? Please what would be the point??

I'm not fear mongering. This shit happened to me. Dr David Thoman, Santa Barbara. My new surgeon who has been working with me to fix this and had done multiple dialations is Dr Swartz of Fresno.

It's hurtful and rude for you to accuse me of lying. If your doing that because you're afraid to hear anything bad about this surgery you're fooling yourself.

Oh and Babbs? Stay off my threads.

Edited by bellabloom

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize there were threads that I wasn't allowed to post on?

Are you threatening me? Because I do recall that's against forum rules.

I did not use the word liar, looks like you called yourself out... This is an open forum, if your going to post here than you invite all members to respond... Your tone towards Babbs is less than acceptable... Funny how people react so negatively when what they say is called into question. People who speak the truth don't get defensive. Make of these statements what you will.

No one called you a liar but you make unbelievable posts and contradict yourself all the time. Plus you have admitted to mental illness and eating disorders.

So what are people supposed to think?

Is it?

It totally blows my mind that any doctor would perform either procedure on someone with anorexia/bulimia, much less revise it. And revise it again? How is that possible? What would be left? Maybe he could slap a band on it, too? Blow it up with a balloon?

Yikes.