Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you think about how I look? I feel I may be approaching the point of too thin but it's hard for me because I have a past history of body dysmorphia.

Do you think this weight is okay? Should I lose to goal (125) or gain some back? I'm 5'6 and at 128 now.

I'm having trouble stopping the weight loss because of a structure but I'm just wondering if it's time to start the Peanut Butter milkshakes.

Thanks guys.

post-235696-14376206317068_thumb.jpg post-235696-1437620650061_thumb.jpg post-235696-1437620667388_thumb.jpg

You look great. You don't look sick or deprived.

I don't think you need to lose anymore weight.

According to BMI, you are still considered a "healthy" weight at 125. Sure, you look thin, but not unhealthy.

I say go for 125 if you feel good. And frankly, you can expect to gain a some weight down the road (statistically speaking) so why not give yourself some wiggle room?

Good job on your weight loss!

Hi there,

I would agree with the others you look healthy. If I saw you for the first time I would just think - slim lady who is petite size..

Good luck.

Forget the BMI, forget what others say you look like. 1) Do you feel good? and 2) What does your Dr. say?

You don't look too thin to me. You look wonderful! I wouldn't recommend trying to gain weight. It's probably time to work on maintenance, though.

You look good but like @@Babbs said, you are going to gain some back later, so might as well go for the 125.

I hope I don't gain any back later. That scares me. Maybe I'll go to 120 then just for extra cushion.

My experience with maintenance is that you can't just put the brakes on when you want to. Stopping losing weight is a project unto itself. And the way to do that is NOT to drink milkshakes, but to gradually build up to eating more healthy food -- probably more Protein, more veggies / fruits and more whole grains. That will likely mean a greater volume of food. And with our smaller tummies, that takes time to build up to.

And regarding whether you're too thin -- I think that's a question for your medical team to assess. That includes an assessment of how "skinny-fat" you are, i.e., your muscle mass. Are you losing too much muscle? If you've lost too much muscle, are you strength training to build that back up? (That will add pounds, but the kind that make you look good.)

I would NEVER have imagined at 5'5" and 235 pounds that I'd ever want to stop losing weight. I'm not as light as you (I weighed 143.4 pounds this morning). But I've lost the last 7 pounds during the last 3 months while trying to stop losing weight. It's starting to even out. But boy oh boy is it more complicated than I thought it would be.

The point to WLS was to become healthy, not to be the skinniest person in the room. (Maybe that's over the top, but I'll just say it "out loud.")

You look great! As far as losing more, I would base it on how you feel, and get your doctor's input as well.

You look great to me.. not too thin.. though if you were me, I would probably want to put a little muscle on..