Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help

Ever try GNC Vitamins they are like Starburst and taste decent. I was taking chewable vitamins and hated the chalky after taste and gummies hurt my teeth. Just a thought, good luck!

Regardless of what the reason, be it texture or anything... Check with your nutritionist. They have run into this before and will have an alternative for you. Good luck!

I take the Bariatric Advantage chewables. I don't love them but I only have to take them twice a day...as opposed to the capsules that I would have to take three times/day. Since I already have to space them out with my calcium chews 3x/day it's just not worth it to me. I just suck it up and chew the damn things...

What about Flintstones Complete? Love them...2 a day.

I also went with Flintstones. I compared them to opurity and two Flintstones were very similar to the Opurity Bariatric Vitamins, except I'll need to supplement B12 and Vitamin D.

I use Flinstones! They gave this fake sugar stuff over the top of the gummies. I take twice the dose because they tend to have less Vitamins per dose than solid pill Vitamins. They taste great. I do tend to forget to take them a lot, but all of my blood values were perfect at the year and a half mark, so not taking the bariatric vitamins doesn't seem to have hurt me.

@@MrsRoboto I also take a B12, but because of the dose, I take 1 pill every other day. I didn't take the Vitamin D and my last blood work came out fine. I think I'm getting a lot of D from all the walking that I now do! :-)

There was something called Ferritin that was high on my last blood work and they'll check it again to see if it's still high. It's something to do w/Iron, but they said all the other levels were good, so I guess they're not too concerned.

Crushed medicine! Four days post op, I have to take liquid Zantac and colace, disgusting wanted to vomit. Has anyone taken children medicine using adult dosage? I am at the point I don't think I can take them

You can't swallow pills yet? I didn't have any trouble post op.

You just have to keep trying different options until you find one that suits you. I use Vitafusion for my Calcium and Vitamin C chews and for my actual Vitamin, I use Envie by NutraKey - its a powder I put in Water. I buy them all through Amazon. I've found this to be the most complete source for me to get in my Vitamins. My bloodwork came back and wasn't so great so we needed to adjust my supplements which is when I switched to the Envie and with in a few days I felt back to my normal self again. I don't work for the company or get any kickback, its just that effective I feel the need to share. In addition to being a Multivitamin, it is also fortified with greens, antioxidants, amino acids, minerals, and immune boosting nutrients. Good Luck!

I use the Celebrate chewable Nutritional supplements. I am at the beginning of week four post op, my surgery was on July 1, and I have not been very good about taking the Vitamins at all. I hate the taste and the chalkiness. I considered taking my son's Gummy Avengers, but since I am already anemic and had B deficiencies for year prior to the surgery, I will choke these down until they are gone. My doc told me that after the first 30 days I can start taking a pill instead of the chewable. I am a bit concerned with the nausea factor though. Taking Vitamins without having a decent amount of food in my stomach has caused me to become very nauseous in the past. And it is still another 5 week before I am allowed solid foods. Any suggestions on what kind of vitamins contain Iron and B12 and does not make you nauseous?

I talked to my surgeon yesterday and the only deficiency I'm having surprisingly is Vitamin D, which he gave me a prescription for, I also told him that my fusion chewables were getting to me, and told him about some of the posts concerning gummies, he said that, some people won't take well to the gummies but that is why they ask that after we hit our "new normal" we try each each food one by one, because not everything is going to be agreeable to us, he said I should find a comparable over the counter gummie and try it for a few days, if it is ok then maybe increase to three per day, I'm gonna try it, hope something works for you too!