Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Aussie sleevers?

hi there, I am an Aussie living abroad and would love to join your FB group if that is ok as I speak more in kgs etc ;-) But if I join the group will it show up on others feeds that I joined? I haven't shared my journey yet with anyone and don't want it out of the bag because of joining a group or commenting on etc. thanks

I dont believe it shows on your feed. I have also not told any of my friends yet and am in the same boat. What is your fb name and I will add you (or add me rebecca jones with the same pic as here for my profile photo) :-)

Sent from my SM-N920I using the BariatricPal App

hi there, I am an Aussie living abroad and would love to join your FB group if that is ok as I speak more in kgs etc ;-) But if I join the group will it show up on others feeds that I joined? I haven't shared my journey yet with anyone and don't want it out of the bag because of joining a group or commenting on etc. thanks

I dont believe it shows on your feed. I have also not told any of my friends yet and am in the same boat. What is your fb name and I will add you (or add me rebecca jones with the same pic as here for my profile photo) :-)

It won't show if no one tags you on picture or video. You can edit your settings. Done

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi everyone. I've just signed up to this. I saw my surgeon this week. I have surgery 4/4. I've found out my vit D is low & cholesterol is higher. Hopefully the surgery will sort out the cholesterol. But I'm excited & I can't wait. Over this battle but am ready for the next battle.

Hi everyone. I've just signed up to this. I saw my surgeon this week. I have surgery 4/4. I've found out my vit D is low & cholesterol is higher. Hopefully the surgery will sort out the cholesterol. But I'm excited & I can't wait. Over this battle but am ready for the next battle.

That is super exciting! Where are you from? X

Thanks have requested to join.

It's named pretty unsuspecting. So no one will notice. Im in the same boat, only my closest friends know my plans. Also, private groups won't show up in your feeds.

Brookebelynda

@erica_ozzy73--- that too is one of my fears... that I'll still be mentally hungry after going through all this.

I listened to an audiobook Ultimate Gastric Sleeve Success. It was a little preachy but he says a lot.. "If you don't change your behaviours you'll get the same results you always have".

I am not busy trying to list all the behaviours that have gotten me to this point because I'm not going through all of this for it to fail!

I'll have to look that up.. thanks

We have a Facebook group going for aussies whom have had WLS, send me a message of your facebook details if you would like to join us

No fb here .... bugger

My surgeon told me not to worry about low Vit D. Will be getting supplement PO. I'm on cholesterol meds. He also told me not to bring them in to hospital cos he will be stopping them.Yay!

Hi all

Haven't joined the Facebook page yet, am not a regular and last looked at my page about 12 months ago. Will sort next week.

High cholesterol (9.5) and blood pressure greater than 165 over 120 was the breaking point for my doctor. He read me the riot act about stroke and heart disease (in my family too) and said he thought surgery would be something I should consider as he's had patients who were very successful. So hopeful that I can come off the meds in a couple of months.

Hubbie is telling me my face looks thinner. I haven't weighed yet.

Today is Day 6 and I've had half a baby's natural yogurt pot with cinnamon and a cup of tea for Breakfast. Sitting in a cafe - no one would know I was sleeved on Monday!! Tea is actually very easy to drink.

I am going to try really hard to get to 2L Water, 50g Protein and 5,000 steps today. More than two thirds there yesterday.

I do feel a kind of euphoria....there is a point in the future where I will no longer be overweight. People who haven't been there just don't understand what an awful drain it is. So much wasted energy in feeling fat and sad and hopeless in being able to counter it. The future seems very bright.

Have a lovely Saturday all.

Hi all

Haven't joined the Facebook page yet, am not a regular and last looked at my page about 12 months ago. Will sort next week.

High cholesterol (9.5) and blood pressure greater than 165 over 120 was the breaking point for my doctor. He read me the riot act about stroke and heart disease (in my family too) and said he thought surgery would be something I should consider as he's had patients who were very successful. So hopeful that I can come off the meds in a couple of months.

Hubbie is telling me my face looks thinner. I haven't weighed yet.

Today is Day 6 and I've had half a baby's natural yogurt pot with cinnamon and a cup of tea for breakfast. Sitting in a cafe - no one would know I was sleeved on Monday!! Tea is actually very easy to drink.

I am going to try really hard to get to 2L Water, 50g Protein and 5,000 steps today. More than two thirds there yesterday.

I do feel a kind of euphoria....there is a point in the future where I will no longer be overweight. People who haven't been there just don't understand what an awful drain it is. So much wasted energy in feeling fat and sad and hopeless in being able to counter it. The future seems very bright.

Have a lovely Saturday all.

Meg you are so right! I have high BP and chol too. Not as high but rapidly heading in that direction. It's so true what other people say to you. 'You're not fat' or 'Go for a walk' etc etc. I'd love to go for a walk but my knee and ankle joints won't let me. Every day chores are difficult. I am so looking forward to the day I can walk around a shopping centre without want to sit down every 10 mins and buy new clothes for the wonderful new body I'll have.

Do join FB. We all need each other's support.

Yes please :) JOIN US :) xoxox No it will

Not show up on the feed as it is a closed and private group :)

Add me on Facebook and I can invite you to the group.

Xox hugs.

post-311727-14855819424448_thumb.jpg

❤️❤️❤️

Funny I'm also low in Vitamin D but I get plenty of sunlight!

Sent from my SM-G930F using the BariatricPal App

Most people are low in Vitamin D regardless of how much sun they get. Maybe so little is absorbed by the skin. You'd think living in Australia we would be over supplied with the stuff lol.

Is anyone taking Vitamin supplements besides multi?..

I've just had blood tests and get the result s feb 7th for B12. I haven't been told about any others I should be taking