Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Aussie sleevers?

Hi friends! I'm in the hospital already, waiting ready for my anaesthetics))) let the party begin!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hope all goes well and arent in too much pain afterwards!

Sent from my SM-N920I using the BariatricPal App

I'm on drugs, all good

Hi friends! I'm in the hospital already, waiting ready for my anaesthetics))) let the party begin!!!

Hope all goes well and arent in too much pain afterwards!

I'm on drugs, all good

Great! Enjoy those drugs. Congrats.

Hehehe thanks darling

Hi all happy Straya Day!

Am now Day 4. Off drugs (as can't bear the thought of getting constipated and the pain is very mild now) but still had vaguely hallucinogenic dreams last night. Just had half of my first Protein Shake. Took about 25 mins. Having a short break and then going back to it. Feeling better.

Wishing Aussiecosy and Banded Becks a pain free day.

Hi all happy Straya Day!

Am now Day 4. Off drugs (as can't bear the thought of getting constipated and the pain is very mild now) but still had vaguely hallucinogenic dreams last night. Just had half of my first Protein shake. Took about 25 mins. Having a short break and then going back to it. Feeling better.

Thank you! I'm onmorphine guys, pain is big

I just found Optifast to be too sweet after surgery. But you can do the same idea with any shake of your own making. It will be good to teach you how slow to eat

Day one of Optifast diet. Discovered that if I freeze the shakes into icy poles they taste much better. Container holds 6 icy poles. $2 from Kmart. Will be 40° in Perth today. Tried the caramel shake first. Not sure if this will work post-op. Too cold????

Why didn't l think about it before :(

Hi all happy Straya Day!

Am now Day 4. Off drugs (as can't bear the thought of getting constipated and the pain is very mild now) but still had vaguely hallucinogenic dreams last night. Just had half of my first Protein shake. Took about 25 mins. Having a short break and then going back to it. Feeling better.

Thanks @@Meg53, happy australia day to you too :-) where abouts are you from?

Glad to hear you dont have much pain x

Hi all happy Straya Day!

Am now Day 4. Off drugs (as can't bear the thought of getting constipated and the pain is very mild now) but still had vaguely hallucinogenic dreams last night. Just had half of my first Protein Shake. Took about 25 mins. Having a short break and then going back to it. Feeling better.

Thank you! I'm onmorphine guys, pain is big

Hopefully the morphine is helping and youre not in too much pain x

@aussiecosy How are you feeling today?

Hi Banded Becks am in Sydney. Where you?

Each day getting better. Yesterday I had two shakes, about another half litre of Water and a cup of ginger tea, plus a 30 minute walk. Lots of sleep too. Middle feels a bit uncomfortable sometimes but I am pleased to be off the meds.

Am going to try for 50g Protein today and 2L water, plus a walk.

Have been making lists of all the yummy small protein rich puréed meals I can move onto once past this full liquid stage.

Have found a couple of great blogs - the world according to eggface and gastricsleeve4me which have helped pass the time.

Have booked hairdressers for highlights this arvo. Think it will be a great treat. I will sit and relax and drink peppermint tea

Have a good day everyone. Hope the post surgeryites are getting better. Every day is a bit easier.

Hi there guys!

I'm here to announce I'm finally getting to see my surgeon on 17th of Jan 2017 in Sydney Nepean private hospital. You can't even imagine how crazy excited I am!!! My mind so freaked out! I have so many questions running around in my head hehe. Is there anyone who could help me to calm down and answer at least some of them? Thanks all and happy holidays! xoxo

Hi there :) I'm in Sydney and I'm getting sleeved 18 feb. yay

❤️❤️❤️

Each day getting better. Yesterday I had two shakes, about another half litre of Water and a cup of ginger tea, plus a 30 minute walk. Lots of sleep too. Middle feels a bit uncomfortable sometimes but I am pleased to be off the meds.

Am going to try for 50g Protein today and 2L Water, plus a walk.

Have been making lists of all the yummy small Protein rich puréed meals I can move onto once past this full liquid stage.

Have found a couple of great blogs - the world according to eggface and gastricsleeve4me which have helped pass the time.

Have booked hairdressers for highlights this arvo. Think it will be a great treat. I will sit and relax and drink peppermint tea

Have a good day everyone. Hope the post surgeryites are getting better. Every day is a bit easier.

Hi Meg :)

I loved reading your message :)

So organised. I get my sleeve on the 18th of feb and I'm so excited. I am totally ready.

I think it's a great idea to make a list of the meals. I'm going to do that too. :)

I'm in Sydney :). I'm glad there are other Aussies here. It felt as though it was absolute American.

Yay go the Aussies :) xox

❤️❤️❤️

Am going to try for 50g Protein today and 2L Water, plus a walk.

Have been making lists of all the yummy small Protein rich puréed meals I can move onto once past this full liquid stage.

@@Meg53 and @pirinora

Happy Friday girls! Im in Hobart. Im the same as you, each day is getting better. Im not able to eat as much as yourself yet. Am trying to have as much protein I can take in to help my body repair.

Ive also listed a few puree recipes which I plan on cooking for next week. Speaking to my sister (who is a dietician) has suggested going to the GP and ask for a care plan, as part of that provides 5 bulk billed dietician sessions. Not sure if thatd be helpful....

Is any of you two on FB? Maybe I could set up a group to keep in touch and keep each other accountable. And any other awesome aussies who may want to join. In Hobart there is not much after care support :-(

Hope youre having a great day. Bec