Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ignorant bi#@h

Almost anything with the the words "sugar free" is going to give her " bathroom problems, if you see the words "sorbitol, manitol (?) Etc, those are words for the fake sugars that give you diarrhea ! Be careful, as she might slip you something worse ! Since she's constantly running her mouth in front of others, call her on it in front of others ! Ask her who, what and where she got all her info on WLS.

Sorry, I forgot to add that she'll probably backpedal or stand there, not being able to say anything. If she continues, ask her why she feels the need to endlessly make rude comments on someone elses medical procedure ! Would she make the comments towards someone if they had some other type of surgery ? I dont think so ! Tell her if she doesn't stop you'll report her to HR !

I'd just ask her, "exactly which part is so easy? The liquid diets? The getting your body cut open and having major surgery? The fear of severe stomach cramps if you eat sugar? The fear of choking on a piece chicken because it's too dry? Please enlighten me and tell me which part was easy, because (and this is where I'd drive the point home with a mean glare) it isn't easy and you need to shut your mouth!"

@Elode@amazon I love the way you two think! ;)

@@boosh10 I am so sorry you have to deal with B!tchy McB!tcherson. Seriously, you should get a medal for not punching her in the throat...not that that's what you should do, bless your heart. Let her wallow in her Soup of self-hatred while you continue to show off your awesome awesomeness!

So much poo advice, throat punching and awesome awesomeness...

It's a beautiful thing!!!

Mean people suck.

I also feel sorry for such negative/hate filled people. What kind of life is it that you seek to elevate yourself by putting others down? I have a strong personality so frankly never had to deal with this BS because i would just make the offender wilt under my interogation - ha... give me 10 minutes with her!

If it is genuinely upsetting I would complain to HR. I bet she hurts and manipulates other people too - most likely on a variety of subjects. I do remember once being made to feel about 2" tall by a guy I worked with (my boss as a matter of fact) relating to my single parent status. (The irony is that he divorced later and wound up raising 5 kids all by himself). In modern times, there are laws about hostile work environments and nobody should make you feel bad about improving your life.

Frankly, the very best "revenge" - the dish best served cold - is when you lose that weight and live a healthy, active life in your new slimmer body. Nobody will care if you took an easy, hard or whatever way... they will just think "woo hoo - look at that cute woman and her rocking bod!"

Well you could write her out a list of ALL the more pressing issues going on in the world and hand it to her. That should give her something else to worry about other than you. I've heard If you put visine in someone's drink it will make them have explosive diarrhea!! But it may also kill them so you just never mind that ;)

now now, ????

I read this from people on this forum all the time....and I don't understand why it bothers them so much....

Who cares if it is the easy way out??? It works, and that's all that matters !!!

In due time you will be be skinny, healthy and fit.....isn't that more important???

The end justifies the means.....

Everything in our society is aimed at the "Easy".....people take their car rather than walk...use a remote to change channels...microwave ovens...smart phones....garage door openers, EVERYTHING designed nowadays is focused upon how easy it is to make someones life easier.....so why should someone, who is doing something to better themselves, their families, not be a burden with all the associated health issues, etc, etc,...be ridiculed for doing something easy?

makes no sense, and should be dismissed as such.

I have finished this process years ago....lost all excess weight and have a healthy body fat %...work hard at the gym, wear normal size clothes off the rack, health issues have all been reversed.....and my self esteem and social life could not be better.

Do I feel guilty I did it the "Easy Way" and not struggle and fail with yo-yo weight loss/gains and constant dieting? That's what the rest of the world is constantly doing....that's all you hear. need to loose another 10 lbs, summer is coming, have you tried this new diet?

I for one am glad I have been set free from all THAT nonsense......

NO THANK YOU....I Like EASY! I'll take it any day of the week.

(BTW, this is exactly why I never told anyone...it is about me and mine, not theirs)

@ B52: as for me because if I'm inclusive and say "some of us" i may offend others, it is very easy and basic to understand why comments like that bother me, being overweight(fat) at a very young age I had to learn to defend myself early on mostly with words but occasionally with my hands since some kid always wanted to "try" me, we are human and after years of instinctually being on the defensive it is a natural reaction after so many years of putting up with negative comments about appearance, weight, clothing, dating, ( well you get the picture) now here I am trying to do something positive and meaningful and here comes another bully knocking me down for it, your post was very good and insightful, but it doesn't change what I was made into, and it's gonna take awhile to do so since my priority number one was to take care of how and why I ate the way I did, I've almost got that one down, so I'll move on to my next issue soon, I think I have come along way at 51years old, but I still get upset that I catch myself being passive aggressive with people at times, I need to keep working on myself and eventually I want to be in that place where negative comments don't matter.......

Edited by laguerr13

@@laguerr13 I am the same way - I know my 'issues' and I know I shouldn't let various things that are said about me bother me - for example it was recently and quite often stated by a close family member that they can not for the life of them understand why guys are attracted to me at all - it is very hard for them to understand why a good looking - - would give me the time of day let alone be in any kind of relationship with me since they could easily find a hotter, and more beautiful woman.

I think it hurts more and puts me on the defense because I know my friends look beyond what they see to me - and that this family member says that I'm unworthy because of my weight.

that all being said - MY #1 reason for doing this and trying to live healthier is not so I look better (though I know I will ;) ) but because my dad died at 53 yo from a massive heart attack brought on because of all his complications due to being 400+ - and I did not want to die and leave my ruggies (nieces and nephews) not knowing who I was or what I could have taught them.

Its hard to just brush off the idiots.

LOL though a lot of these posts made me giggle at work - thank you so much for that :)

Edited by Raenh

I really saw how sometimes we get frustrated at each other's comments, but just like siblings, when someone else messes around with one of us it's like "oh hell no!!!!" That in itself made me laugh..........

Wait until she says it in front of a group of people and then, in a performance worthy of an Academy Award that would make Meryl Streep look like a 2nd rate bit actor, tell her (while pretending to hold back your tears) "I have struggled my whole life to lose weight and went through weight loss yo-yo diets. I finally made a major lifetime commitment to have this surgery, eat better, eat less and exercise along with other lifestyle changes. I am finally feeling good about myself for the 1st time in years, I thought I could count on you to be more supportive".

Then quickly walk off and go to the bathroom, lock yourself in a stall. Someone will come in after you to see if you are ok, they will hear some muffled sounds that they think is crying, but it will be you laughing.

After this, she will earn the name you called her in this post by everyone else.

Unfortunately in life, you just can't physically "B-slap" people who really deserve it.

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

Ha ha ha that's great. I also need to throw in there that I lived every day in pain because I have rheumatoid arthritis and mobility was limited due to pain and made exercising painful. And now that I have lost 75 lbs so far, my RA pain is nearly gone.