Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 or January 2016 sleevers ?

What center are you going to? I am going in on Jan 19th to the Obesity Control Center in Tijuana.

Hey all, I am due for my surgery Jan 5th, nervous, and excited, what suggestions do you all have for me? How is everyone doing now? Weight loss? What complications? Good luck everyone!

I am Jan 5th too! Mine will be in Tijuana. I am getting nervous and so very excited! I can't even sleep!

Jan 18 here!!! From illinois

I am Jan 19. I live in Washington State. I am headed to Tijuana Mexico for my surgery. My nephew and 2 cousins had theirs at the same surgery center. And, none of the insurance hoops to jump through!

January 2016

When in January? I am the 19th in Tijuana.

I'm in CA date scheduled for January 14. The hoops for insurance are definitely more nerve wrecking than than the procedure. It gives you one more things to have to worry about, but by the grace of God things are working out.

Edited by MsAshley0307

My surgery was last Wednesday, 12/30, around noon. Everything went smoothly and I woke up all groggy at 4pm in my room. No pain around the incision sites or along my abdomen, just some upper chest discomfort caused by pressure due to the fluids injected into me for surgery. I ewas breathing okay and my incentive spirometer was helpful as I was able to quickly get up to 3000 ml lung capacity (500 ml beyond the desired target). I was up and walking almost immediately and by the time I was discharged on Friday afternoon (1/1) I had logged 4-1/4 miles around the ward.

Yesterday was my first day of at home recovery and I generally feel fine. I'm taking my Lovenox shots to help prevent any DVT and have been relatively pain-free. I *did* wake up this morning with a dull throbbing pain in my abdomen near the incision sites (4/10 on the scale) but took one of the Rx pain pills and am monitoring to see if it helps.

My first day at home felt like I was obsessing on the timing of my meals and supplements and shakes. I am confident things will get easier as I gain more experience, but it sure felt overwhelming on Day One.

I had surgery the same day. I am still in the Hospital. I am having lots of trouble keeping my blood sugar up high enough. Will have to wait till rounds to find out what we're going to do. Not in much pain just confused about the sugar.

Edited by cherri2082

All surgeons are different on my pre op I was only allowed slim fast and Crystal Light for 14 days and I must say it was hard for me only on the weekends....good luck

How are you feeling now? I was following your 14 day pre-op and OMG I don't think I could've handled that without cheating lol

Edited by Chi2Htown

I'm headed to the hospital right now. Wish me luck! Good luck to all of those having surgery this week. :)

Just had my 1 week post-op and I am 10.5 lbs down from my surgery weight and 30 lbs down from my highest weight!!!

Edited by jss1988

My surgery is tomorrow!

Praying for you and your healing and success.

Today I start my 2 week pre-op of all liquids and salads/steamed veggies.

I found an interesting broth the other day: Millie's Spicy Tortilla Vegetable Sipping broth. Gonna try it today. Hope it is as good as it sounds.