Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 or January 2016 sleevers ?

My last "supervised diet" educational class is tomorrow... Woo hoo for these 7 months flying by. On my way home from work my Doctors office called. They had some cancelations and want to see me right after my class tomorrow. So it looks like I could have my surgery in December after all.. A little scared/nervous because my mind was set on January. Oh my!

my surgery was originally scheduled for 1/21, then they called me in the middle Nov and said they had an opening for 12/2! I took it in a heartbeat and now I'm so glad I did. I was sleeved yesterday and waiting and worrying was the hardest part. Just breathe and remember now you will be at your goal weight that much sooner!

It's official I'm having my surgery on January 13tb. My insurance approved my surgery in 1 day. I have so many feelings good and bad. My dr told me that there is a small chance that she may have to do it open. That is one big thing I'm worried about . Has anyone have that happen to them

I'm a newbie to the forum. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for January 5. I really like my surgeon and I know this is the right thing to do.

But to be totally honest...I'm struggling with cutting out sugar and carbs in preparation for my surgery date. I know I need to start losing weight now to be ready in January, but it's as hard as it's ever been to cut back on things.

I have cut out fast food pretty much, so I guess that's a step in the right direction!

Hoping I can get some encouragement and support from others going through the same things. Thanks for being out there in cyberspace. There's no "live" support group in my area, so I'm glad to have somebody to talk to.

My surgery is the same day! I will be in Tijuana. Where are you getting yours done!

Hello! I just received my surgery date of December 29th! I am so excited for the new year now! I am new to the forum and would love to connect with other sleevers for support who have a dec or Jan surgery date.

I'm having my surgery the day after your.

My last post was posted by mistake sorry

I had my surgery yesterday as well. I mostly slept the rest of the day yesterday. I've vomited twice, which they say is not a good sign. They have given me every anti-nausea drug the can. No farts yet either, but I've been up and walking a few times. Other than that they say things are looking good

It's official I'm having my surgery on January 13tb. My insurance approved my surgery in 1 day. I have so many feelings good and bad. My dr told me that there is a small chance that she may have to do it open. That is one big thing I'm worried about . Has anyone have that happen to them

Best of luck to you. I am having mine on January 11. My Dr. said there is always a small chance day of that he has do it open but regardless we are going to succeed either way!!

That gives me hope insurance if they received my authorization yesterday so just waiting to hear back so anxious!!

Doesn't help they told me can take 5 days and they're closed Thursday and Friday

I called my insurance at 12:30 to ask if they had received the packet and they said they did have it, and at 1:30 my surgical coordinator emailed me to say that my surgery was approved. I'm guessing that once they had to look at it because I called they just went ahead and approved it. Doesn't hurt to call them and give a little shove!
That's what I think too... I have called everyday still pending waiting for review by a nurse. How frustrating for me since everyone has said Aetna is so quick... Looks like not quick for me. I'm hoping they approve today and I can still have my surgery on the 9th.

That gives me hope insurance if they received my authorization yesterday so just waiting to hear back so anxious!!

Doesn't help they told me can take 5 days and they're closed Thursday and Friday

I called my insurance at 12:30 to ask if they had received the packet and they said they did have it, and at 1:30 my surgical coordinator emailed me to say that my surgery was approved. I'm guessing that once they had to look at it because I called they just went ahead and approved it. Doesn't hurt to call them and give a little shove!
That's what I think too... I have called everyday still pending waiting for review by a nurse. How frustrating for me since everyone has said Aetna is so quick... Looks like not quick for me. I'm hoping they approve today and I can still have my surgery on the 9th.

How frustrating for you! I don't have Aetna so I am not familiar with they timeframe. Mine only took a week. I hope it is approved ASAP so you can have it on the 9th.

12/21/2015 - NJ

I have Coventry which I believe is under Aetna now. My surgeons office submitted the Monday before Thanksgiving and I am still waiting.

I get mine done on December 14th in Texas

I have Coventry which I believe is under Aetna now. My surgeons office submitted the Monday before Thanksgiving and I am still waiting.

Have you contacted your insurance company? Sometimes that helps motivate them.

Edited by acherishedbear