Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fat confessionals

@@rebirth1029 Thank you. You picked a good name! Good luck to you!

I love reading all these!! I am having a super emotional day today & I'm literally crying for all of you! The good, the bad, and the ugly. No one understands unless they've been there. I try to talk to my husband about this and he just doesn't get it. The bigger I get, the more I retreat from society, which makes me turn to food even more ????

It's been a lifelong struggle and I'm ready to end it once and for all with the sleeve. 9 days away!

@@RNsleever715 Yay! Congrats to your new beginning! I can't wait to hear updates!!!

Thank you all. I made it thru a pool day. My husband always tells me to look around, honestly there are a lot of bigger people not that it makes me feel better. I guess I am extra emotional about it being that with my first surgery, I never thought I'd be here again....

@ That's understandable. This should be your last! Take comfort in that,

@ That's understandable. This should be your last! Take comfort in that,

Thank you! No matter what, it will be my last WLS. I can't wait to run my 1st 5k! You are doing fabulous.

Some sweet posts here.

Y'all are not gonna believe how fast you're going to be feeling so much better. Your hope is not misplaced.

Promise!

First, congratulations!! Thank you for all you contribute to this forum. It is wonderful to see your success and hear about your battles and victories.

As for buying multiple colors of shirts and other clothes when you see them in your size…I totally get that! I completely remember how hard it is to find things that fit, and how NOT FUN clothes shopping was. When I found something that fit, it made perfect sense to buy multiple colors so I wouldn’t have to go again, and also in case that size/style disappeared and I wouldn’t be able to find anything I’d be able to wear again.

Maybe it’s like pizza and doughnuts were…you know…you couldn’t have just one. What if they disappeared off the face of the earth and this was your last chance? So you’d have to have several slices of pizza and a few doughnuts. At least, I did.

I'm gonna be happy just going out to buy 3x scrubs soon, I was 7x scrubs and I'm gonna buy a T-shirt of every color at my HR, cause there were only 2 of the 12 shirts that fit me the last two years, and I want outrageous scrubs like purple, and some yellow ones, it's gonna serve a dual purpose since iWork on a psych unit!!! Lol

As I have stated on here before I have had 2 failed lap bands:( With the first one I lost 115lbs:) My daughters made me go shopping with them and I bought a whole new wardrobe. I was sleeved on the 13 and I went into the spare room and moved all my old clothes to the front by size. I feel like a kid waiting to start losing weight again so I can get back into those clothes my daughters helped me pick out :D

I'm similar! Just sleeved 3 weeks ago and down about 18-19lbs. I also lost over 100lbs with the band and can't sit to pull out that clothing!

@@laguerr13 Ha! You just go buy whatever up you want!!! I'm not sad about getting rid of those 2x (that were busting at the seams) but it was kinda difficult to box up all the other 50+ pieces I have that don't fit. We both know scrubs aren't cheap! I'm goodwilling it until I get to a small!!

LoL! I also refused to buy bigger clothes to fit my scarily increasing size. I also refused to wear anything that didn't have an elastic waist. I even continued to wear my maternity pant... 3 years after having my son! It worked but it kinda sucks I cant see my progress by needing smaller sizes. Now I just fit the same clothes I wore before better lol. At least I havnt had to spend a fortune!

My surgery was last Monday, 7/13. I lost 10lbs during my one-week-liquid pre-op diet and have lost another 10 this last week. It's really exciting because I can already tell a difference. I wore a bra comfortably for the first time today in at least six months--the back strap would always roll up and get stuck between back fat rolls. I also just feel better. Even though I'm recovering and in pain, it's easier for me to maneuver myself than it has been for a long time. The best part though is that my legs aren't hurting as much. I can lie on my side and put them together at the knees and not feel pain in my joints after five minutes. I want more of this please!!!

Hooray for fitting into a medium @@Elode!!

I relate to these posts so much. After I had my kid in the summer of 2013 I lost 20 of the 35lbs of baby weight without trying, but I was still huge. I went to target and bought 3 pairs of C9 black yoga pants (2 large and 1 XL) that I had no intention of working out in. That was my wardrobe and I lived in those pants. I refused to buy anything bigger. I wore the XL the other day and my kid went to grab me so that I would pick him up and he yanked them halfway down in the process because they are so big on me now. That was a good feeling.