Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fast Food/Restaraunt Ideas?

Which pizza places will do low carb? I thought I read at one time places that will do sauce, toppings and cheese. Now I can't remember who. Was it Pizza Hut?

What other places will alter their menu to make it bariatric/low carb friendly? Running out of ideas on where to grab lunch during the work week.

I have never heard of any pizza places doing that but I haven't really looked either. I think it would be easier to take something to work. If you are craving pizza you could make your own low carb option.

I generally do. But sometimes, you don't have time to make something. Or you just want to eat out. Those are the times for ideas. I usually get a chopped salad from Subway. But you get tired of that.

Idk... I can't leave work to eat out so it's not an issue for me. My nutritionist have me a list of things that would work- refried Beans from taco bell, chili from Wendy's, eating just the hamburger patty from a hamburger

The first few times I went out after surgery I was very afraid of what I could eat, and how I would look to my friends.

I met some friends at a pizza/sub shop. Got there early and looked over the menu.

The place had a lot of Italian food.

" Bingo". Meatballs! I asked how big each meatball was and they showed me. I figured that 2 meatballs would be the right quantity.

I told the person at the counter when my friends came in I would order 2 meatballs in a bowl---- basically a meatball sub---- no bread.< /p>

Worked grea! Except the cook took pity on me and must have thought--- " I big guy like that won't be happy with just 2 meatballs "-- so he gave me 3.

In sub shops I order what is basically a sub without the bread:

tuna salad

chicken salad

Egg salad

Lobster/ seafood salad

Hotdog- eat the dog out of the roll

Hamburger- no bun

In one of the finer restaurants I go to they have a Kobe meatball appetizer.

$12.00 for 2 HUGE Kobe beef meatballs. Eat one. Take one home for another lunch.

You Cannot eat that well at McDonalds for $6.000/ day

In nicer places: shrimp cocktail. Or oysters on the half shell.

Shrimp are sold in categories. 15- 20 means 15-20 shrimp per pound.

Each shrimp is 1 ounce. 4 shrimp = 4 ounce of Protein.

I hope this helps.

I'm happy to give other tips.

I eat out a lot.

Poke salad yesterday!

You could always get a slice of pizza with meaty options on it and scrape it off the dough, eat only the toppings. I used to go to Dominos on Tuesdays and buy one of their Large meat lovers pizzas for $7.99 and scrape off the toppings into a bowl, then divvy them up into several small meals.

Chick Fil A has grilled chicken nuggets.....

You can easily make most anything in a restaurant low carb.....eat the Insides of a sandwich or burger, leave the bun.....toppings of a pizza, leave the crust......soup without noodles.....taco without the tortilla.....ask for a side of veggies instead of the potatoes/fries most things come with (or just hold the side altogether)..... Asian food without the rice/noodles.....

I have yet to go out somewhere that didn't have something I could eat. Granted a "noodle bowl" place would be tough, but there are dozens of other options most places you go.

Actually Noodles & Company have Buff Bowls, They swap noodles for spinach.

I had one a couple of weeks ago and it was excellent.

http://www.noodles.com/buffbowls/

Yumm! Great idea.

im from Texas. Hubby loves Mexican/tex-mex. any suggestions on what to order? I have been sticking to a cup of chicken tortilla Soup (no chips) but other suggestions would be great.

im from Texas. Hubby loves Mexican/tex-mex. any suggestions on what to order? I have been sticking to a cup of chicken tortilla Soup (no chips) but other suggestions would be great.

I always get street type tacos and eat the insides

At our local Mexican restaurant I have had at various times:

Insides of a taco (chicken or beef)

Refried Beans.

Refried Beans with the insides of a taco (made two meals).

Fajitas (no tortilla) -- lots of leftovers to bring home for several meals.

Queso -- brought home a cup and added a teaspoon to my own things at home like chili or refried beans.

Chili rellenos with refried Beans is my fav.... Always was, even before surgery. but really, I eat anything and everything minus the nachos and rice. Just eat the insides of the taco/enchilada/burrito. Fajitas are easy...just eat the fixings, not the tortilla.

Can they deliver to good 'old England lol!! I might keep that link for later to replicate myself.

Thanks for sharing!

Kate