Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! My name is Amy and I had been thinking for quite some time about WLS. After many failed attempts of trying to do it on my own I finally decided to talk to my PCP about it. I met with her on Wednesday and she sent in the referral in no time! Today, Thursday the bariatric clinic called me and sent me a nice stack of questionnaires. I am in the Bay Area and on Medi-cal. Just looking for some friendly support on this journey! (:

Welcome, Amy! You have definitely found the right place for the support you are seeking. I too came here when I was first considering surgery, and now mine is less than two weeks away. I can tell you that the excitement you are feeling now never goes away, and it will help you through the process. Feel free to ask a lot of questions. There are always people around to help you out! Good luck!

Welcome. I go to my seminar Monday and already received oodles of support and great advice and info.

Hi Amy,

This is the right place for all your questions and support.

All the best!!!

@thecandidate Thank you and congrats on your upcoming surgery!

Welcome @amyallthetime. I am in the bay area also, I went to my orientation yesterday and today I have my surgeon consult! I am doing mines at kaiser, what about you? What part of the bay are you from?

Welcome @amyallthetime. I am in the bay area also, I went to my orientation yesterday and today I have my surgeon consult! I am doing mines at kaiser, what about you? What part of the bay are you from?

I'm in Daly City and I'm doing mine at Stanford. That's so awesome! I can't wait for my orientation.

@@amyallthetime hi! Welcome to forum! My biggest suggestion is read all you can and ask anyone you know who has had surgery all about it from a personal experience and just really get comfortable with the idea. I looked into bypass surgery in my 20's but it wasn't the time for me yet. I still thought I could do it on my own, but now I'm 38 and I haven't successfully done it on my own and added about another 100lbs to deal with, so it's finally time for me. :)

Hi, I live in NWI and am going to the seminar tomorrow (Monday). I am totally anxious, nervous, excited and worried that something won't work out for me. I am totally ready for this and it's consuming me. I've called the insurance already, have a friend who just had this done and she looks AMAZING. I want to be healthy and thin again. After so many failed attempts I am ready! I cannot wait for tomorrow! Please pray for me that my time will come too ????. All of your comments are so inspiring that I am glad I found this site.

Good Luck PinkieD! I think you and I both are going to our first interaction with this and attending a seminar. I wish you all the best!

Hi, I live in NWI and am going to the seminar tomorrow (Monday). I am totally anxious, nervous, excited and worried that something won't work out for me. I am totally ready for this and it's consuming me. I've called the insurance already, have a friend who just had this done and she looks AMAZING. I want to be healthy and thin again. After so many failed attempts I am ready! I cannot wait for tomorrow! Please pray for me that my time will come too . All of your comments are so inspiring that I am glad I found this site.

I hope your seminar went well! I submitted my initial questionnaire to the surgeon and now I guess I just wait to hear from them to see if I am a candidate!

Seminar is in a couple hours! I am so worried and nervous that I am sick over it. I just want this so badly. Fingers crossed ????????????????. I wish you the best of luck and hope you are a candidate too did they say how long before you find out?

@@Anxious2beme Sending you all the best! I will keep my fingers crossed for you as well! I hope it all works out! I didn't ask. I am too nervous to ask. I figured I'd give it a couple of days and then contact them for any updates.

Good luck to you. "Not anxious I got this" (a much better name for you) our new life starts NOW!! $!

Hi ladies! Seminar was good, but I learned the info I already knew since my friend had this and I have been researching. Still don't know if I'm a candidate but they did give us a packet to complete and to call the MDs office tomorrow to make an appt if interested. I am a bmi of 35-36 and was told that during the waiting period you cannot fall below the 35 bmi or you won't qualify. Also, my other question is what happens with us folks have insurance plans through our employer? Open enrollment will be coming and won't know what insurance we have until November nor the benefits. Anyone explain what they have done in this situation?

@@pinkie D...I love the new name!