Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gallbladder question

I'm post op 7 months and my dr is sending me for an abdominal ultrasound for my gallbladder.

I was just wondering, for the people who have had them out post-op, did you have mid abdominal distention? I have been feeling sort of swollen about 2 inches above my navel. Also, super fatigued. I had a filling done on Tuesday and fell asleep 4 times lol

That's pretty sleepy and not normal for me.

Any responses appreciated. I couldn't find any related posts prior to writing this :)

Thank you

Sorry to hear about your gallbladder. I hope you feel better.

I had an abdominal ultrasound yesterday (before the surgery) to check for gall stones (I had pains previously). Turns out I have them. :( I think my DR is going to recommend that we remove my gall bladder. (YIKES!)

Looking at the positive side, maybe we will both get a boost of energy once the gall bladder is gone. :D

take care!

I'm really looking forward to the U/S. This on and off pain is for the birds. I hope It does give us more energy. I wish you luck on sleeve success!

Sorry to hear about your gallbladder. I hope you feel better.

I had an abdominal ultrasound yesterday (before the surgery) to check for gall stones (I had pains previously). Turns out I have them. :( I think my DR is going to recommend that we remove my gall bladder. (YIKES!)

Looking at the positive side, maybe we will both get a boost of energy once the gall bladder is gone. :D

take care!

I had an abdominal ultrasound that revealed gallstones. I'll have my band to sleeve revision and gallbladder removed on Aug 17th. Seems like a lot in one surgery but my Dr. assured me it's safe. I've done quite a bit of research and many Bariatric docs are taking the gallbadder out if it has stones because rapid weight loss aggravates gallbadder issues. Personally I rather not have to have another surgery if I can help it. Wish me luck. Less than a month to go.

I'm about 10 months post-op and have been having feelings like a minor heart attack (chest pain and nausea but not debilitating). I saw my VSG surgeon a week ago and he is sending me for tests now and is indicating it's my gallbladder. ARGH!!!

I had mine removed this week. I am 9.5 months out. I had bloating and pain under the right breast. Recovery has been easier than sleeve. Good Luck!

I got mine out yesterday. Come to find out my gall bladder just wasn't functioning like it should have.

Now, I'm a little over 24 hours post op and trying to be a warrior, but because that I'm resting in bed lol

Thank you all for your help :)

I am so nauseous now. Day 4 and it's the worst yet. I've had more issues with this than my sleeve. I had zero nausea or any complications from my sleeve

I am so nauseous now. Day 4 and it's the worst yet. I've had more issues with this than my sleeve. I had zero nausea or any complications from my sleeve

I have posted on here before that my gall bladder surgery was by far the hardest surgery I've ever recovered from. I have had 6 surgeries, 3 of them being c-section but that laproscopic gall bladder surgery knocked me out for 2 few weeks. I was in pain and nauseous and it was horrible. Have you gone back to have your incisions checked/staples removed? If not be sure to bring it up. Hang in there.

@@HopeandAgony

I just had it out Friday 11/6. I don't go back to see the surgeon till 12/3, only because he is the one who did my Sleeve and I have my 1 year visit. He told me if I was feel poorly and wanted to come in sooner for me to call, or to call with any questions or concerns I may have. I spoke to the Nurse practitioner today she said its normal to have some post operative nausea but to monitor it for two days and call if it gets worse.

I'm glad someone can relate to my misery with all of this.

Had my gallbladder out on 11/20. Something about the rapid weight loss causes gallstones I heard. I'm supposed to return to work in 4 days, it's been about 6 days since surgery. I haven't pooped in like over a week. Even with laxatives. My follow up is In 3 days. I'm finally eating again though. For about 6 weeks I was not eating hardly and my weight loss stalled because of this (surgery day 3/2015). Anyway I heard a lot of women getting gallstones after sleeve. My problem now, aside from Constipation, is a weird pain in my incision area where I think the gallbladder used to be. The incisions look great, but I have this pulling/pressure feeling. I just keep popping more pers though, hopefully the doctor will know what it is. Oh well, all the best and hope everybody recovers!

Geez, sorry you guys have had such a hard time with your gallbladder surgeries. I just had mine out due to stones 6 days ago. i was discharged 2 hours after waking up and went shopping on the way home. Went to grandma's for Thanksgiving the next day and ate a little bit of everything. Laid low for the weekend just because I was supposed to and went back to work yesterday.

Other than my belly being swollen (looks like a basketball) and slightly sore ab muscles I have no pain. My belly button incision is a little tender because that's where they repaired a hernia I didn't even know I had. Haven't taken any pain Meds since the first day. Took me 4 days to poop, but that's pretty normal for me after any surgery due to the anesthesia. I was looking forward to maybe losing a couple pounds because I wouldn't want to eat much but that sure didn't happen. BTW, I did start taking a bile acid supplement before meals the day after surgery.

I sure hope you guys start feeling better soon.

Surgeon did recommend laxatives which I've taken now two days in a row and they seem to be working, although they do seem hard on my body to tolerate. I'll pick up some MoM @@cindi gant

@@Kindle glad you recovered quickly, I'm not in agony, but for the first few days it was rough. I too am eating so much better without the gallbladder! It's a complete change.

I'm going back to work Thursday .

My sister said two girls with the sleeve had gall bladders out last year from her office. Beginning to see a trend here.

I also had appendix out 2 months after sleeved surgery, no more abdominal surgeries for me please!

hi ladies, I had the same issue and gallbladder was removed two weeks ago. It's all fine. Here is the good part - he used the same scares for my sleeve - no new scars. YEAH! Surgery was so much easier than the sleeve and I went home same day.

Now I am learning what foods set me off. So far its nuts (peanuts), and sausage. High fat foods - who guessed it.