Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If for no other reason, This is as good as any

Thank you kindly...Yeah...Land of the free!!! I'm from South Africa though lol...But no one here would mind the name too, so suck it haters!!

Congrats at least your getting your confidence back. As for your name, this is america so by all means feel free to have whatever screen name you want. For the rest of you please take a moment to revert back to the time when not every word had a disgusting double meaning.

Its no secret how happy i am 6 months post op, just by the way i feel and move, and just live...Yes i still have a stretch ahead of me till all the weight is off, and then plastic surgery..But i wanna share something that happened at work today.

I work in a corporate environment and there are many people from all walks of life on the floor i work on, One in particular is a very attractive blonde lady who is a yoga instructor in her free time...Needless to say, we as men (Yes ladies, we are primitive animals) here at the office tend to sneak a peak every time she walks around. So i was walking out of the building and she was in front of me, and all of the sudden stops dead in her tracks, turns around and says to me "I just want you to know, you look amazing...All the girls in the office have been talking and we are really curious"...So being the more confident man i am now, i told her if she wants to join me for lunch (Which was where i was heading) I will tell her all about it..Which she did and i told her my whole story.

So to anyone pre or post op who are in two minds, or are struggling...Its small things like these...Be strong, be focused and be positive ;)

mm I guess i would have known that had I actually read your info on the side but either way good job on the weight loss

167 lbs! THAT'S AWESOME! Congratulations on all accounts, including the creative screen name.

Thank you so much :)...I will be updating as i go along....To be very honest, And i dont know if its just me...But i when i look at my starting out photos i feel embarrassed, Is that a common thing?

@Cunninglinguist.... WOW down 167lbs... that is f'ing amazing. Im sure many of the woman at your work and out side of work are noticing.... Im sure you are carrying your self different and with more confidence. Woman love a confident man no matter his size.

Keep the name... and to the ones that are "offended" by it, here's a tip.... click block and you won't have to see it every again.

one more thing..... up date your gallery.... show off your success... you have earned it

@VSGAnn2014.... ROFLMAO....

yes..... but think about the fact that most of us don't really have "fat" pictures.... we are normally the people taking the pic so we won't be in them... or standing behind some one or some thing..... I tell everyone starting out.... have someone take before pics.... it's important because you won't see your changes in the mirror... i know i didn't... but pic don't lie.... we have all been where you were... but good news.... your not there anymore.... 167lbs.... holy mother ... So take those pictures... and be proud...

i bought dry erase markers and wrote messages to my self on the bath room mirror.. saying you are beautiful, you are worthy, you can do anything.....

I'm now thinking about changing my name to LuvRofagreatCunninglinguist........ i mean who doesn't love a good Linguist.. Right..... lolololo.

Apparently not everyone on here is into linguistics :)

167 lbs! THAT'S AWESOME! Congratulations on all accounts, including the creative screen name.

Thank you on both accounts lol

Cunning Linguist look up the meaning of those words. I think I will keep it John...thanks though

When I first saw your PAL name I thought it was a hoot! But I read it right the first time tho. I didn't think the site admins would let you keep a name that was considered vulgar. I say keep it as is.

Congrats on your success and new found confidence! Have fun!

@@Cunninglinguist

Ahhhhhhh........ rebuked by an insolent wordsmith who believes he's creative as well. Sly as a fox. I do take umbrage at the reference to seniors, however, my revenge is that someday hence you will achieve that status as well!

Still find your original post positive and joy filled.

Thank you kindly...Yeah...Land of the free!!! I'm from South Africa though lol...But no one here would mind the name too, so suck it haters!!something that happened at work today.

Gee, I'm pretty sure no one ever "hated" you. You, on the other hand, have immediately started calling names, when you picked that name specifically for its double-entendre. If you didn't want comments on it, why use it? My age has nothing to do with finding the name offensive but I would not have bothered commenting except that you responded to the first person with such a condescending tone as if the rest of us are too stupid to figure it out.

I do applaud your weight loss and congrats on being noticed by the office beauty. I wish you continued success in your journey.

@@drmeow FYI- a "hater" is someone who's jealous of what you are, what you've done, what you have not someone who actually "hates" you. I highly recommend Urban Dictionary to look it up. You can also find lots of things in the Urban Dictionary lots more offensive than Cunning Linguist on that web site.

@@Cunninglinguist - Your name is awesome. Your accomplishment is incredible. And you clearly have an IQ a few points higher than most. Sounds like you're the full package and you will go far both personally and professionally in your new life;-)

Hope there are more like you stateside when I get back to my gorgeous self about a year from now:-)

Sorry, not jealous a bit. I'll be having surgery soon, and even if I stayed fat forever, I'm not so shallow as to wish another to fail. I'm very glad for his success.

Re the embarrassment you feel upon viewing your old, fat pix ... yes, I recognize that response -- if you double or triple it and call it a combination of astonishment, disbelief and humiliation.

I don't actually have a photograph of me at my highest weight (235 pounds). No way was I going to record that condition for eternity. I just couldn't bear to confront my largest ever profile in two dimensions.

Now that I'm comfortably below goal, I am much more interested in getting accustomed to what I look like now. That takes more effort than it seems like it should. But I'm getting there. :)

Do double entendres have twice the calories as as regular entendres?

Maybe not 1/2 the calories, but 1/2 the responses for the name lameness. And then a few less for acting surprised many of us don't find it "darling" ....or unintentional... Just me saying it is fairly classless

Maybe not 1/2 the calories, but 1/2 the responses for the name lameness. And then a few less for acting surprised many of us don't find it "darling" ....or unintentional... Just me saying it is fairly classless

How will I sleep at night knowing you find me classless? How Julie?

I shouldn't belabor this point, because it wasn't the point of the OP, but I'm surprised so many people here seem so unfamiliar and uncomfortable with the breadth of perspectives and aesthetics available on the Internet.

I shouldn't belabor this point, because it wasn't the point of the OP, but I'm surprised so many people here seem so unfamiliar and uncomfortable with the breadth of perspectives and aesthetics available on the Internet.

They need to update the "things to look out for on the interweb" document at the retirement village.. Education is key before firing up the modem.

Anyway, I have now grown tired of the nickname issue, anyone else who feels the need to hate, be my guest, anyone else who actually sees value in the original post, you have my attention.