Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If for no other reason, This is as good as any

So how much have you lost so far? Are you almost at goal or just "looking good" on the journey?

What a great story! Thanks for sharing!

As for the name...wouldn't have noticed or thought much about it had it not been pointed out.

Edited by BrownEyedTxGirl

I think your story was wonderful, and names are just that...names. While I don't particularly care for the "nastier" def. of the name, the true definition is totally respectful.

So I gotta ask....is there another lunch scheduled???? How did she respond when you told her your situation? It sounded like she asked in a very appropriate manner, and is a caring person. And good for you for be bold, both in asking her out and in sharing. Well done!

We are chatting now, and I'm sure there will be more lunches lol... Yeah she was very caring, and she admitted she wanted to tell me a while back but was hesitant because she didn't want to be intrusive, in case I was maybe ill, I found that really funny... She responded very well when I told her about surgery, I hope to educate more people about this "easy way out" surgery.

wow, yeah this thread went left...lol

I actually had to say it a couple of times to make sure it was what I thought it was. It is funny to me but anyhow your story was exciting and I'm happy you were confident enough to approach her. I too would like to know if it ended with a 2nd date????

Thanks for having a sense of humor :) yeah we are chatting, so I don't see why we can't eat food again sometime in each other's company.

So how much have you lost so far? Are you almost at goal or just "looking good" on the journey?

I am 167lbs down, and not at goal yet, I should be on goal by December or January next year. But yeah the goal is to look good, I don't concern myself too much with the digits.

@@Cunninglinguist Thank you for your positive message. Don't pay any attention to these idiots who don't know what your screen name means. Come on we are all adults and if you can't understand what it means then maybe you shouldn't comment.

Thanks Daveo, yeah look I just want to spread positivity and tell my story, but then the senior citizens noticed something completely different and had now felt the need to go there, and then a bandwagon was jumped on by the prudes and people with no sense of humor...ah well, thanks for being a normal person :)

Seriously? People are offended by "cunninglinguist"?

I might change my nick to "blowjobssuck."

Lighten up, folks! That's actually why we're here. (Badda boom ... get it?)

@@VSGAnn2014

Not funny, not funny! :-)

That's what I kept telling myself as I laughed and couldn't stop. Now I have a sore abdomen!

In all fairness, sneezed really big last night, so it was already sore.

Edited by no onions

Glad to hear the ladies are taking notice! I can't wait until I see some of my old co-workers in a few months who friend zoned me... and I'll be hot af! :D

And whatever happened that everyone is so sensitive and offended?? Don't like it, move along with your day. :rolleyes:

@Cunninglinguist.... WOW down 167lbs... that is f'ing amazing. Im sure many of the woman at your work and out side of work are noticing.... Im sure you are carrying your self different and with more confidence. Woman love a confident man no matter his size.

Keep the name... and to the ones that are "offended" by it, here's a tip.... click block and you won't have to see it every again.

one more thing..... up date your gallery.... show off your success... you have earned it

@VSGAnn2014.... ROFLMAO....

Glad to hear the ladies are taking notice! I can't wait until I see some of my old co-workers in a few months who friend zoned me... and I'll be hot af! :D

And whatever happened that everyone is so sensitive and offended?? Don't like it, move along with your day. :rolleyes:

Lol...I like you, we will get along just fine :D

I wonder what that screen name would do for traffic on my "dating" profile. ha

I can visualize the emails: Should I take your screen name literally or figuratively?

oh you said BJ (accompanied by weird Beavis and Butthead laugh)

eh, maybe not :)

Like i said - to each his own.

I might change my nick to "blowjobssuck."

@Cunninglinguist.... WOW down 167lbs... that is f'ing amazing. Im sure many of the woman at your work and out side of work are noticing.... Im sure you are carrying your self different and with more confidence. Woman love a confident man no matter his size.

Keep the name... and to the ones that are "offended" by it, here's a tip.... click block and you won't have to see it every again.

one more thing..... up date your gallery.... show off your success... you have earned it

Thank you so much :)...I will be updating as i go along....To be very honest, And i dont know if its just me...But i when i look at my starting out photos i feel embarrassed, Is that a common thing?

Its no secret how happy i am 6 months post op, just by the way i feel and move, and just live...Yes i still have a stretch ahead of me till all the weight is off, and then plastic surgery..But i wanna share something that happened at work today.

I work in a corporate environment and there are many people from all walks of life on the floor i work on, One in particular is a very attractive blonde lady who is a yoga instructor in her free time...Needless to say, we as men (Yes ladies, we are primitive animals) here at the office tend to sneak a peak every time she walks around. So i was walking out of the building and she was in front of me, and all of the sudden stops dead in her tracks, turns around and says to me "I just want you to know, you look amazing...All the girls in the office have been talking and we are really curious"...So being the more confident man i am now, i told her if she wants to join me for lunch (Which was where i was heading) I will tell her all about it..Which she did and i told her my whole story.

So to anyone pre or post op who are in two minds, or are struggling...Its small things like these...Be strong, be focused and be positive ;)

Congrats at least your getting your confidence back. As for your name, this is america so by all means feel free to have whatever screen name you want. For the rest of you please take a moment to revert back to the time when not every word had a disgusting double meaning.

Congrats at least your getting your confidence back. As for your name, this is america so by all means feel free to have whatever screen name you want. For the rest of you please take a moment to revert back to the time when not every word had a disgusting double meaning.

Its no secret how happy i am 6 months post op, just by the way i feel and move, and just live...Yes i still have a stretch ahead of me till all the weight is off, and then plastic surgery..But i wanna share something that happened at work today.

I work in a corporate environment and there are many people from all walks of life on the floor i work on, One in particular is a very attractive blonde lady who is a yoga instructor in her free time...Needless to say, we as men (Yes ladies, we are primitive animals) here at the office tend to sneak a peak every time she walks around. So i was walking out of the building and she was in front of me, and all of the sudden stops dead in her tracks, turns around and says to me "I just want you to know, you look amazing...All the girls in the office have been talking and we are really curious"...So being the more confident man i am now, i told her if she wants to join me for lunch (Which was where i was heading) I will tell her all about it..Which she did and i told her my whole story.

So to anyone pre or post op who are in two minds, or are struggling...Its small things like these...Be strong, be focused and be positive ;)

Thank you kindly...Yeah...Land of the free!!! I'm from South Africa though lol...But no one here would mind the name too, so suck it haters!!

Thank you so much :)...I will be updating as i go along....To be very honest, And i dont know if its just me...But i when i look at my starting out photos i feel embarrassed, Is that a common thing?

yes..... but think about the fact that most of us don't really have "fat" pictures.... we are normally the people taking the pic so we won't be in them... or standing behind some one or some thing..... I tell everyone starting out.... have someone take before pics.... it's important because you won't see your changes in the mirror... i know i didn't... but pic don't lie.... we have all been where you were... but good news.... your not there anymore.... 167lbs.... holy mother ... So take those pictures... and be proud...

i bought dry erase markers and wrote messages to my self on the bath room mirror.. saying you are beautiful, you are worthy, you can do anything.....

I'm now thinking about changing my name to LuvRofagreatCunninglinguist........ i mean who doesn't love a good Linguist.. Right..... lolololo.