Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Myfitnesspal - although it does have a few things I don't like ie you can't set your calories at less at 1,200 per day, which isn't very helpful if you are on the pre-op diet. If anyone can recommend a better one I would be interested

My calories are set for 700 on myfitnesspal.

Oh wow...how were you able to do that? I've read so many people can't set it lower than 1200 cal? Thanks

Oh wow...how were you able to do that? I've read so many people can't set it lower than 1200 cal? Thanks

Up under goals you can change it.

​If you are following a different recommended plan from your doctor or nutritionist, you can adjust many of your goals in our mobile apps or on our full site at www.myfitnesspal.com. (Mobile app users should log in using the same username and password they use in the app, when visiting the site).

Website, Windows Phone and BlackBerry Users

Log in to http://www.myfitnesspal.com in a web browser Click “My Home”, then “Goals”, then click the “Change Goals” button at the bottom of the page. Choose the “Custom” option and you’ll be taken to a page where you can set your own targets for all of the nutrients we track. Once you’ve saved your changes, those same changes will appear in the app the next time the app syncs to the website Windows Phone and BlackBerry users can adjust their Net Calorie goal directly in the app on the “More” page by tapping “Edit Profile” then “Net Calorie Goal.”

In our Android and iOS apps

Tap “Goals” in the Menu (or “More” page) Tap the settings to adjust your weight change and macronutrient goals (Fat, Protein Carbs) Tap “Advanced Nutritional Goals” to adjust additional micronutrient goals

MyFitnessPal distributes fat, carb and protein calories based on a percentage, in five percent increments. If you customize your macronutrient goals, all three goals will adjust to total 100%. If you have a very precise goal, in grams, for protein, carbs, or fat, you may only be able to come close to setting that goal, based on the nearest percentage. If you wish to track a specific gram goal, we recommend monitoring the “total” value in your diary for this nutrient, rather than the “remaining” total.

I love my Fitness Pal. I've been using it for over a year.

Up under goals you can change it.

Thank you for letting me know. I'm definitely going to use it. I've been feeling so nervous because I don't have to lose weight for my surgery, but I can't gain at all! It definitely makes you waaaay more conscious of what your eating.

My favorite is LoseIT ... I tried MyFitnessPal, but didn't care for it, altho it has a great database on foods. My preference for LoseIT is (with premium membership @ $39/yr) you have a great deal of control over the calorie budget. The UI and UX is great for adding foods via barcode scanning, select from prior meals, custom foods, custom recipes (that can be shared).

Also, as an avid iPhone user, the integration with Health app seems to be superior with LoseIT, IMHO.

-RC-

MyFitnessPal and Nike Runner

My favorite is LoseIT ... I tried MyFitnessPal, but didn't care for it, altho it has a great database on foods. My preference for LoseIT is (with premium membership @ $39/yr) you have a great deal of control over the calorie budget. The UI and UX is great for adding foods via barcode scanning, select from prior meals, custom foods, custom recipes (that can be shared).

Also, as an avid iPhone user, the integration with Health app seems to be superior with LoseIT, IMHO.

-RC-

I just downloaded Lose it, having a hard time navigating, I see a forum with a lot of topics. Do you know if there is one for Bariatric Surgery? Would like to customize some things.....Thanks in advance!