Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating when no one is around

I had surgery 2yrs ago...I went from 398 to 245. Now I feel my sleeve is gone. Some days I feel it working either days I don't. When no one is home I just wanna eat. I wanna go back before its to late. Pls someone give me advice to get back on track.

Go back to the basics. For me it's not drinking anything 30 mins before or after I eat. Eat Protein first, limits your sugar/salt intak. Focus on lean Proteins fish, shrimp, chicken, turkey. I try to buy most things fresh and unprocessed to cut out the junk. I've read that doing a 1-2 Week liquid diet can help to shrink the stomach and "reset". I can't speak from experience on that because I haven't had to do it yet. See a nutritionist if you can. TRACK EVERYTHING!!! I am meticulous with tracking every single piece of food that crosses my lips. Stay hydrated. I try to stick with Water, green tea unsweetened. I taught myself to drink tea without anything in it. (Which is saying a lot for a southern girl who use to drink sweet tea by the gallons) Write a list out if you need to to remind yourself of why you had the procedure in the first place. Start over! Take measurements, weight ect...don't give up! Stay motivated! Watch motivation videos if you need to. I pray, praying for strength helps me most! @@Onepoundatatime

The first place I'd start is to make an appointment with my WLS surgeon and see if something physical is happening.

Seriously.

Good luck to you.

Make an appointment with your surgeon to make sure there is no problem and then seriously consider seeing a therapist. The desire to eat when no one is around could be a sign of an eating disorder since that is hiding your eating. You have nothing to lose by talking to someone to find the underlying cause of how you feel. Then agree with @@Elode get back to basics of how this works. Good luck! Proud of you for reaching out!

@@Onepoundatatime

We are rooting for you! Take the advice above and take control! That will make you feel like your taking the first steps to getting back on track!

I've regained. I was so on track the first year or so, lost a lot but never made it to goal. Now, of the 150 I lost, I've regained about 90. I'm not happy. My unhappiness makes me want to eat more. I bought my Protein shakes but I swear I still eat as much when I drink them. It's hard... I keep planning to go all liquid for a week or two but have no willpower.

Yes, I need to see a therapist. But, I don't have the time or the insurance coverage to handle that. So, I will do my best with what I already know to do and hope that I can get back on track.

I know what you mean tho. I'm 4 years out from surgery now and I feel like I can pretty much eat anything and as much as pre-surgery. :(

That awesome appetite-free feeling post op DOES NOT LAST!

well, first off I think you need to find something else to scratch that itch when you're not happy.

for me it's cleaning. yes, I am a stress cleaner. I do feel a lot of satisfaction when I've beaten the dirt out of my kitchen or bathroom.

second, back to basics with the eating. It may numb you up in the feels for a while, but it doesn't last and it all comes crashing down on you in the end. so - have to retrain your brain to think of food as fuel.

Emotional eating, binge eating etc... Cause more problems than it's worth in the end.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein