Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys

I had my BPD/DS surgery on the 9th of Feb, and i am down 167lbs, since starting the whole process in November last year..I want to to the best i can to help and assist anyone going through this process, So please...if you want to get in touch please do so.

That's very kind of you to offer assistance. You are very positive!

If you could name 3 things that you did, that were key in helping you lose the 167 lbs, I'd love to know, as I have a lot to lose, myself.

Before surgery... Be 200% committed... Be positive about it, there should be zero fear in you, fear of failing, fear of your life sucking because you can no longer eat like you do..this surgery, is the best thing obese people can do, the best desicion they can make, if all else has failed them..also, do it for YOU.. and no one else, if you are being forced to do it, or doing it for someone ie: a partner or kids... There might be some resentment while you are healing up, and feeling iffy... So in a nutshell.. Mindset... Before and after the op.

Then, surgery time... Follow the instructions of the medical personnel religiously.. My recovery in hospital was quick, because of it... I took long, deep breaths whenever I could to make sure I get enough oxygen in my system, it's painful and uncomfortable for a day, but speeds up recovery like you won't believe... In a nutshell... FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS :)

Post op.... Move!!!! Move!!! Move!!! Be mobile, walk as much and as often as you can... I know it's a bit of a chore when you are heavy, but it gets so much easier when you are not lugging so much weight around.

Eating and nutrition... Take your pills, Vitamins, whatever... Don't skip... Set alarms to remind you if needed... food eventually becomes your friend and not the thing that's destroying you, your body will want healthier options, and will feel amazing when you give it that... I always say, I think I had brain surgery while I was under because I eat so well and don't crave the horrible stuff anymore.

That's very kind of you to offer assistance. You are very positive!

If you could name 3 things that you did, that were key in helping you lose the 167 lbs, I'd love to know, as I have a lot to lose, myself.

Hope my rant helps...Dont hesitate to get in touch

@@Cunninglinguist Thanks so much, this was helpful, and I believe I'm on the right track! I know I have some issues with getting enough Protein in, but I keep working on it. I have no hunger, so it makes it difficult to eat, when I just don't have an appetite. I'm not complaining though....I love that I don't experience hunger the way I did.

Woke up to a nice surprise this morning. 2 more lbs, gone. :)

I am also beginning to love my exercising. I'm off to the grocery store, to buy good healthy foods for me!

Thanks again for the response, that was very helpful!

I had a RNY so I try and answer some of the queries from this type of surgery. Since you had a DS, you can add valuable insight for others going through this surgical process. It is not that common, so your insight could be very valuable.

On 7/14/2015 at 2:34 PM, Cunninglinguist said:

Hi guys

I had my BPD/DS surgery on the 9th of Feb, and i am down 167lbs, since starting the whole process in November last year..I want to to the best i can to help and assist anyone going through this process, So please...if you want to get in touch please do so.

HEY MATE CAN WE TALK I have many questions about BPD/DS