Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im in Canada. But need friends on and off here as I'm not a Facebook er. Booked August 26th at mexico bariatric in Tijuana. Kinda scared now

Hi Tina hope all is good I'm in New Jersey and I am also considering gastro sleeve. My first time appt is August 5 I get to meet the surgeon for the first time.

Being that most of us on this post are newbies, is anyone undecided about having the sleeve or bypass (RNY)?

I'm almost done with my pre op requirements but I'm not 100% sure which surgery to have.

I'm 263 and 5'4" and I want the best - one time surgery.

It's like I wish a little voice inside would say Rhonda this one is for you ..,

Hi Tina hope all is good I'm in New Jersey and I am also considering gastro sleeve. My first time appt is August 5 I get to meet the surgeon for the first time.

Hi kathy im doing good so far the first appt will be nerve racking hang in there if u want to talk or ask me questions please feel free ive been post op for 12 days

@@Tina Ty so much what should I look forward to? Ugh my insurance requires a 6 month nutrition diet before approval I wish time could pass quick how are you feeling

Canada ..lol

Hey running2thesleeve you can add me as a friend if you want a buddy. At first my mom wasn't very supportive infact he would avoid talking about the topic until meeting with the dr the day of surgery and they reassured her why the surgery is a good option.

I after surgery I was taken off my blood pressure medication which made my mom very happy. Now she is very supportive after surgery.

If there's anything I can answer for you please feel free to ask.

Hi there! I am Rhonda. Had mine Tuesday.

I had the opposite. Every single person I told, and that was a lot, was supportive. I am very lucky!

I am here for your!! This is your decision, not theirs.

Just told a friend that I'm getting the sleeve

And she just lost her **** at me.

She said I was taking the easy way out, I didn't need it and that she was disappointed in my decision as an active person (being me), I should just work harder at the gym and my eating.

She has also wanted it done and I've said the same thing to her. She couldn't have it done due to POCS

So I guess I'm getting my own back.

I'm not telling anyone of my friends again. Ef that!!

NZ KIWI GIRL!!

Edited by frazildazil

It's not an easy way out..believe me! Anyone that doesn't support you doesn't want what you want. I'm sure there are people that think that of me too. But I had to for work and am thankful I did. Everyone is great. Its hard after surgery..im still adjusting physically and mental. So it's hard work but in a different way.