Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any St. Louis/Metro Area Sleevers out there?

1 hour ago, Mdm7436 said:

First of all i wasn't complaining at all i was just wondering if this is the normal, juat wanting someone to talk to that's all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

Everyone loses at different rates. There is no normal no matter what people try to say. There are a lot of other factors that go into weight loss.

28 pounds in 10 days is great. What did the Dr say at your one week appointment?

Don't sweat the numbers, I had gastric sleeve on 1/25/17..at DesPres Hospital by Dr. Ricks. Great guy, he's professional, down to earth, friendly and great bedside manners. I had complications within weeks after my sleeve. Within two weeks I had pancreatits, then found out gallbladder wasn't functional, so two weeks post op from sleeve i had gallbladder removed. Now dealing with multiple kidney stones. Since march have had three operations to remove kidney stones. I'm from Illinois side, about 15 miles east of stl. Take things one day at a time, follow the guidelines and recommendations.. Your weight may vary, don't look at the scale every week, give it time.. Before surgery I weighed 422, three weeks prior to surgery went on Clear Liquids on day of surgery weighed 409, Day I was discharged weighed 403lbs, week later on first follow up appt was at 393lbs, on my last visit on 4/04 was at 358lbs , last time i weighed myself was on 5/8 i was at 348lbs.. so my point is, just take it one day at a time, keep pushing forward and just remind yourself of why you have invested within yourself with having a gastric sleeve. All of us wanna be at ideal weight or a point, but it's not a quick fix. You've invested into you again.. Can't change yesterday, but surely can change tomorrow.

Thank you very much that is exactly what I needed I just wanted to talk to someone. Congrats on your amazing journey and so sorry about your complications hopefully everything is out of the way for u now. I live in waterloo where r u from? I also have been on vacation since surgery I go bk to work tomorrow so I think I won't have my weight on the brain as much hopefully. How often do u weigh yourself? Should I do once a week or month ur advise would be appreciated [emoji2] thanks for the words of encouragement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, MissKathy2015 said:

IMG_0031.JPGnNow, I can see the difference. Sleeved 11/11/2015. Takes a while for your eyes to see what's really going on.

Looking great! I bet you feel even better than you look!

Hi, all. I'm about an hour east of stl and am being sleeved by Dr. Snow on Aug. 14th. Never thought I'd be this excited for surgery!

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:59 PM, TerriC252 said:

Hi, all. I'm about an hour east of stl and am being sleeved by Dr. Snow on Aug. 14th. Never thought I'd be this excited for surgery!

Good Luck!!!

I live across the river from STL. I was sleeved in STL on 09/21/7. The best decision I ever made :)

Awesome I was sleeved on January 25th 2017 best decision I ever made have actually hit under the 300-pound mark I started out at 422 lb currently I'm at 297 pounds haven't been under 300 lb since 1999 best decision I ever made it's a long road just stay the course stay focused and don't give up we've made a choice that is a lifestyle change forever wish you the best

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

18 hours ago, GregMedic51 said:

Awesome I was sleeved on January 25th 2017 best decision I ever made have actually hit under the 300-pound mark I started out at 422 lb currently I'm at 297 pounds haven't been under 300 lb since 1999 best decision I ever made it's a long road just stay the course stay focused and don't give up we've made a choice that is a lifestyle change forever wish you the best

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations! You have done amazing!! I live north in Godfrey, IL. Thank you for the advice. I really need it. Best of luck to you too!!