Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What "negatives" are you experiencing?

I am amazing. :)

The research I've done says the opposite of yours. As do all the surgeons I've consulted. The experiences I've had and the experiences of the MANY sleeved peeps I know differs, too. We will have to agree to disagree. Of course, I've only had one bariatric surgery to your two or three so...

You choose to spread your opinion, I'll do the same. I'll simply choose to do so a bit less hostilely than you. :D

Raises hand, I too have a dilated sleeve, pouch whatever you want to call it. It does happen. I do not believe there is enough data available to say it doesn't. Although, the procedure is not new, it is newer in the bariatric world. Surely there is not enough sleeve data post pregnancy.

The difference is I'm willing to say that it is not a guarantee that it will happen, I will even say that it is not necessarily common but you refuse to acknowledge the credible research of many others out there, even when there is proof of it !

And , It's not hostility it is lack of tolerance for stubborn, close minded opinions that are so obviously wrong.

That's the way to do it, put down those that have to go in for repeat surgeries.... This is why I departed this forum in 2013. The condescending tones of those that feel because their experience went well the first time and goal was attainable that the rest of us are cheating and don't do our research.

Listen, the fact I have to have a second surgery sucks.

The difference is I'm willing to say that it is not a guarantee that it will happen, I will even say that it is not necessarily common but you refuse to acknowledge the credible research of many others out there, even when there is proof of it !

And , It's not hostility it is lack of tolerance for stubborn, close minded opinions that are so obviously wrong.

Ok. ;)

That's the way to do it, put down those that have to go in for repeat surgeries.... This is why I departed this forum in 2013. The condescending tones of those that feel because their experience went well the first time and goal was attainable that the rest of us are cheating and don't do our research.

Listen, the fact I have to have a second surgery sucks.

Nope. Not putting anyone down. I'm simply stating I only have the experience of one surgery vs those who have had more. No need to read more into it. :D

Sleevers don't have pouches and sleeves don't stretch. :)

That is not what you are doing at all. You now have another example that you can try to deny. Go ahead, tell sleevenchica that she couldn't possibly have a stretched pouch because you and some other idiot surgeons say it can't happen.

That is not what you are doing at all. You now have another example that you can try to deny. Go ahead, tell sleevenchica that she couldn't possibly have a stretched pouch because you and some other idiot surgeons say it can't happen.

Sorry. I won't stoop to name calling. Totally not my thing. You can keep egging me on, I won't bite. :D;)

I didn't call you any names, but way to avoid the actual issue.

Edited by Band07

Dr Weiner here disagrees about the sleeve stretching. He says it's a myth:

Don't waste your time going back and forth with lipstick lady. I have found that she us a very negative and condescending individual. I had my run in with her and told her how I felt and she responded with that Same sarcastic ok and winky face. Do your research and get your corrective surgery. This is your journey not hers and you and your surgeon know what's best for you!

Don't waste your time going back and forth with lipstick lady. I have found that she us a very negative and condescending individual. I had my run in with her and told her how I felt and she responded with that Same sarcastic ok and winky face. Do your research and get your corrective surgery. This is your journey not hers and you and your surgeon know what's best for you!
Awww... When was this? :) I don't even remember. :(

I looked through your entire posting history and you and I have never interacted. Nope, not once. You have me confused with someone else, I fear. ;)

:D

Initially I wasn't going to respond but the person that hates denial in me made me do it do here you go.

Lipstick lady thanks for your brutal honesty but I must say you are wrong way wrong. I will not be posting a lie on a Bariatrics support site as we all are here for the same purpose and quite frankly what landed you here is not the same reason that got us all here. This is my journey and I want to be as open about MY PROGRESS, MY EMOTIONS AS POSSIBLE. I know me you don't so you are passing judgement in what you think is support. Remember in the future that there is a thin line between your truth and judgement so be careful how you approach. I did not say I went and ate fast food because I was hungry, I did not say I added in Snacks, I did not say I was going to continue to eat what I want, I did not say I was giving up on making my tool work for me. I just simply said I had 5 spoonfuls of a puréed Soup a couple days early so that basically I won't pass out and have some energy to accomplish my day to day task. And it worked for me. To everyone else thanks for the suggestions and recommendations I will try the antacid today but for now the feeling is gone. But again I will be proactive trying to avoid it again because I was honestly fearful behind the way I felt, so much so that I could hardly stand in the shower long enough to wash the soap off. I am not going to go so hard on something that I will allow myself to be harmed in any way or be afraid to leave the house because I'm on the verge of passing out. I live in Vegas where is 110 on any given day so imagine that.

As for the rest of my journey bare in mind that I am still on liquids but I get what you guys are saying about planning meals and measuring, I will definitely do that when I get to that point. I just simply think that my body will be much happier when I can get to that point of nourishment. So again thanks for the support sleevers take care!

Here is what you said

Girl, brutal honesty here and NO judgement. I have a hard time believing one could hit 340+ pounds without overeating. Again, no judgement, I myself was the biggest over eater you can imagine.

I'd suggest doing your best to NOT listen to your body. Weigh, measure and track everything. It's easy to nibble, lick, chew, sip an extra 1,000-3,000 calories a day without even realizing it and our bodies/ brains will scream for more despite our best intentions.

This is the time to break that cycle and hit a healthy weight. It's hard, it sucks, it blows, but you CAN do it. If I can, anyone can.

And I'm done with it and you be blessed!