Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd thoughts

thanks john.

John VDB: Sounds like your co-morbidities cleared up pretty nicely. If you don't mind me asking was your diabetes advanced far enough that you were taking insulin? I'm hoping to get off insulin and get down to just taking a pill. Of course if I can get rid of both that would be a bonus!

Yes, when I went into surgery I was on four meds plus insulin (64 mg a day). For a week after, my BG never got over 100 and they took me off all meds. Then, it slowly started to rise until my MD told me that I would likely need a little bit (5-15) mg a day for my lifetime, to support the pancreas. However, after 50# down my BG is fine, so not using the insulin. Now at over 70# down, even better. When I am 170 down and at goal, it is unlikely I will need anything, ever, but we will see. My foot neuropathy is still there, but 50% less painful with weight off, the MD says it will always be there just less painful. Thank goodness, no eye problems.

Praise God big bobo im encouraged I'm 37 with three children and adopted two more with diabetes, hbp , my weight is so depressing i don't leave my house Aug 12 is my surgery date pray for me

Hey John my foot had swollen up to where I couldn't walk it's still painful it's like a tooth ache is that gout or nerve damaged in my foot I'm a diabetic too

John VDB that's awesome news. There's hope for me! Good luck sir.

Go Octavia16, go, you will love the results of this surgery...it is already changing my life. I walk my remaining unmarried daughter down the aisle in two weeks, doing it much healthier than 12 weeks ago! You have to be courageous to have this surgery.

hi octavia, yes been on 1000 calories per day for the last ten days, only six more to go. i seem to be coping with the diet very well at the moment, seeing my surgeon for my pre op med tomorrow 15th july so all will be revealed. i havnt strayed from the diet at all so fingers crossed. im so ready too.

Don't worry about soccer, you will be an all star after you recover! Give it time to heal, but then, you won't believe how much energy you have, or how you ever managed to play before!

I'm 47, from 280 to 160, and just had the best time ever at a color run with my 3 kids last Saturday!

post-225370-14368940422651_thumb.jpg

I am glad to see I am not the only one with this 2nd thought running through my mind every now and then. It really makes me feel better to not only see there are others who questioned it just a bit, but also that there is success on the other side.

I am 51, weigh 281 and am 5'9". I am having surgery on July 23rd. As soon as I lose 50 pounds they are going to try to rebuild my abdomen and try to stop my hernias. But if I can get off of the 2 pills I take for HBP and can sleep through the night, as well as walk up a flight of stairs, it will be worth it

From John VDB-- " Go Octavia16, go, you will love the results of this surgery...it is already changing my life. I walk my remaining unmarried daughter down the aisle in two weeks, doing it much healthier than 12 weeks ago! You have to be courageous to have this surgery."

This touched my heart, that's great and congratulations to you and the new bride. Not only can you walk her down the aisle, but you can dance with her too. ;-)

Edited by OKCPirate

Well, I took the plunge and had surgery today ... feeling ok right now and a bit of discomfort on the stomach muscle but so far so good.

Been up walking, been to the "toilet" twice (ok so I pee'd in a jug) :P

managed to drink around 700ml of Water so far, things are positive so far.

Thanks for all your replies, it meant a lot

BIGBobo -- way to go, man! Huge effort, totally worth it. I am 3 months out this week, just hit 80# down. Can't beat that.

hi every one, now a full paid up member of the sleevers, 4 days post op with no problems at all really, 1200ml of Fluid and 3x 50 ml shakes daily, my surgeon and nurse are happy with that, still a little sore and a bit of gas but nothing that i cant handle, not weighing for 7 days, then will post. best wishes every one.