Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approvals with BCBS Federal

I can't wait to be in the same shoes you ladies are in. Tomorrow is my 3rd appt of 4 required by insurance. Can't get here soon enough! The MD's office told me that on my 3rd appt that she would give me a tentative table date. We'll see what happens in the AM.

Keep us posted!!! I still am waiting to hear from my drs office. I am not sure how long it takes them to transmit data back. If I don't her from her by Friday will be contact her.

10/21 is my date. Just got the approval notification from my dr's office.

Wow RDub. You passed me up! I'm on the 15th. Keep us posted.

Ok, so a question for you all. With my BCBC Fed I'm required to fill out this sheet for "NON-MEDICALLY SUPERVISED DIET HISTORY". It has a long list of different diets starting from weight watchers going all the way down to "other". Says to fill out what year, how long, weight loss and weight regain. Has anyone else had this exact same piece of paper to fill out? I'm worried if I'm completely honest it will give them a reason to deny the claim or some other crazy thing. I don't want to over do it either. I've tried at least half of the ones on the sheet and sometimes more than once. Any secrets to making it look good for approval purposes?

I did not have to fill that out. I just had to tell them what diets I did in the past. Are you sure that is not your surgeon?

I agree, I just did that for my surgeon. Not sure they submitted it at all. The focus is the co-morbitity issues (if you are under a BMI of 40).

I think the surgeons office tries to collect sufficient information for approval process. I know with my revision my office want proof that I complied to previous surgery. Luckily i had all my post op nut visits with measurements and weigh ins. It was not a requirement but helped in the process.

Ok, thanks so much. I will just fill it out to the best of my ability, honestly and roll the dice.

All of my paperwork was submitted to insurance on Wednesday 9/23, and I just got a call that I was approved 2 days later on Friday 9/25!!! So happy that I was one of the lucky ones to get a quick approval!

Great to hear ASUgrad! After my NU appt on Wed I got a penciled in surgery date of 11/9/15. So excited, I hope it all goes smoothly. Fingers crossed!

Great to hear ASUgrad! After my NU appt on Wed I got a penciled in surgery date of 11/9/15. So excited, I hope it all goes smoothly. Fingers crossed!

Yeah! Our insurance rocks!!!!

So mine took 6 business days. However, they didn't even look at it the 1st 5 days. It went in on the 11th and I called 21st. The rep told me that the dr. just got it that day and approved it. I really think the key is having a good insurance coordinator. Mine wanted my packet to be very detailed. I think that keeps the insurance from coming back asking more questions holding up the process.

@@babbs2299 keep us posted! Where are you guys again?

I'm in Dallas.

Congrats everyone! Today is my 4 month mark....you are going to love it. It's hard work and tough sometimes - but worth every pound that goes away. Just be sure to start drinking your 64 ounces of Water now. It's a very hard habit for me to conquer.

Thanks for the info scoutmom. Good to hear the encouragement. I have 2 weeks until I'm sleeved.