Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 6th 2015 (or close) sleevers...how are we doing?

Hey fellow sleevers,

I was sleeved July 9. My surgery weight was 373, my first post op Appointment on day 13 I was 341. The recovery has been a bit more than I expected but I am definitely glad I chose to have the surgery. Just when I thought the incision pain almost disappeared I'm starting to have pain under my left ribcage. Today is day 2 of the pain. Praying it goes away soon and on its on. Joined the gym today and I would love to get in there on Monday. I struggle getting in enough Water and Protein. It's all about timing I guess. I just haven't mastered it yet. I hate taking my Multivitamins but I'm sure that'll get better once I'm no longer required to crush my pills. 6 weeks.

July 6th for me. Down 25 lbs so far. No pain. Very little nausea and vomiting. Usually when drinking too warm of Water or taking meds

My surgery was July 7 and I'm going back to work tomorrow. I started eating eggs and cheese this last week and it has done wonders for my energy. I'm down 25 pounds but my loss has definitely slowed since adding more foods. I have a pain that hurts badly when I bend down to pick things up off the floor, but I'm hoping that goes away soon. Best of luck to everyone!

My surgery was July 7 and I'm going back to work tomorrow. I started eating eggs and cheese this last week and it has done wonders for my energy. I'm down 25 pounds but my loss has definitely slowed since adding more foods. I have a pain that hurts badly when I bend down to pick things up off the floor, but I'm hoping that goes away soon. Best of luck to everyone!

Hi best of luck to u too! Am from Florida too sw and you?

Hi best of luck to u too! Am from Florida too sw and you?

I'm in North Florida :)

I was sleeved the 7th. Went home same day. Off pain meds by the 10th and by the 12th I was really annoyed because I felt totally better but couldn't do anything. We joke that the doctor didn't do anything because I can still take huge sips of stuff. I was super mad day 5-day probably 13 because I was craving food. I haven't hit my Protein goal. I just don't enjoy the constant drinking. I use my hands too much to have them occupied 24/7. Its literally hotter than hell itself, so I have like no motivation to walk. The craziest thing though... Before surgery I LOVED skim milk. I could single handedly drink a gallon in probably 3 days. Now.... Blech. The only drink I ever want us Water. I tried all the juices I used to like, gross. Milk, gross. its odd. I'm still on pure liquids. I get to have soft foods on Tuesday.

I was sleeved on July 7. I am fine if I stick to Protein Drinks, mousse, Water and other liquid type foods. I tried scrambled egg whites last week and again yesterday. Both times, I ended up throwing up. Don't know if I just can't take eggs or just not ready for them yet. I can go to bed okay, but around 3 or 4 I wake up with belching, reflux and have to move to a recliner. The results of the eggs make me hesitant to try a different regular food.< /p>

I was sleeved on July 8th. My start weight pre op liquid diet was 310. My cw now is 278. The first 24 hours for me were the worst but once I was out of the hospital my recovery went great. As of now my incisions are almost healed, I am mowing the grass, running/walking around the local walking track at my house, and I feel wonderful! By far one of the best decisions I have ever made. My doctors have me eating semi soft foods right now such as baked potatoes, cottage cheese, sugar free pudding, eggs, and creamy Soups like Cream of chicken. Next week I can start having deli turkey or chicken, cheese, and toasted bread (I'm excited about making a sandwich!) No nausea either. A word of advice from me would to be to measure, measure, measure, and stick to the doc's orders. So far that has been the key to my success. Anyways thanks for listening!

I was sleeved the 7th. Went home same day. Off pain meds by the 10th and by the 12th I was really annoyed because I felt totally better but couldn't do anything. We joke that the doctor didn't do anything because I can still take huge sips of stuff. I was super mad day 5-day probably 13 because I was craving food. I haven't hit my Protein goal. I just don't enjoy the constant drinking. I use my hands too much to have them occupied 24/7. Its literally hotter than hell itself, so I have like no motivation to walk. The craziest thing though... Before surgery I LOVED skim milk. I could single handedly drink a gallon in probably 3 days. Now.... Blech. The only drink I ever want us Water. I tried all the juices I used to like, gross. Milk, gross. its odd. I'm still on pure liquids. I get to have soft foods on Tuesday.

I too loved milk beforehand, now it is no. 1 on the "I don't think so" list! i have used it in Protein shakes, but I'm always left feeling a bit queasy. I hate to ditch the milk because I need the calories....I'm still between 400 and 600 if I really try. I'm a writer/artist, so like you, my hands just aren't into the constant holding the bottle and drinking! But most days I do get my Water.

I have to agree with @@hopalopa67, the surgery, even though it's been an odd learning experience, has been the best thing I have done! I haven't lost a ton of weight, but my clothes feel better and I just feel lighter! Now if I could only make peace with milk!!!

Hope ya'll are doing well!

I was sleeved on July 8th as well. I am doing great. Today was my first day back at work and it went well. I am still on soft foods right now (eggs, Greek yogurt etc.). It is still a challenge for me to get all of my Water in for the day. Yogurt is my go to first thing in the morning because it soothes my reflux. My weight coming off gradually. I've lost 20 pounds since surgery. No regrets at all!! Loving my sleeve!! ????

@@anewmein15 Have you tried the Fair Life Milk? It's amazing! Tastes good and it's supposed to be good for lactose intolerant people. It's a little pricy but it has a much longer expiration date than regular milk. Worth the $$.

@hopalopa67 No, I haven't tried that one yet. I will check it out. Thanks! :)

Had my 3 week check up and 15 lbs down since surgery. I had a week long stall of losing and gaining the same 3 lbs.... Finally broke it this weekend because I upped My calories. Dr told me today to keep it between 800-1000 calories. My average has been @570 until this past weekend when I ate @700 and broke my stall.

Hope you all are well!

How's everybody? I think my stall is over? Not totally sure but the scale moved 2 more lbs a couple days ago so we will see. I have a lot more energy than the last time I posted which is a relief since my son starts back to school

Monday. I was worried I would still feel weak and not be able to get around well but it's ok now.

@Jessicacherry3...I am near Jacksonville.