Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 6th 2015 (or close) sleevers...how are we doing?

Thanks!

I was sleeved the 8th. So funny because I am sleeping in a recliner too. I still have pain in my neck, shoulders and back. I also had hernia repair. Everything else going good. The only thing I found I can't tolerate has been tilapia and avocado. Go figure. I also have to use crystal light or Water drop enhancers because water tastes bad to me

Hello everyone!

I was sleeved on 7/6 and as far as my body goes, I feel pretty good. I was up walking around as soon as I came out of the anesthesia and it wasn't as bad as I thought. The incisions didn't bother me as much as a the gas pains, those were terrible. As of now I am not on any Protein shakes, I wasn't tolerating them. Anything I eat or drink causes a severe pain in my stomach, as if it is contracting. The PA thought I needed to poop but that wasn't the issue. I am a little bummed about my experience so far but as of now I regret nothing.

@@Soapandcandlequeen

Wow I was done on the 6th ,and I am on liquid til Monday when I start puree foods. Can't wait to have an egg, or cottage cheese awee the little things lol

Hello everyone!

I was sleeved on 7/6 and as far as my body goes, I feel pretty good. I was up walking around as soon as I came out of the anesthesia and it wasn't as bad as I thought. The incisions didn't bother me as much as a the gas pains, those were terrible. As of now I am not on any Protein shakes, I wasn't tolerating them. Anything I eat or drink causes a severe pain in my stomach, as if it is contracting. The PA thought I needed to poop but that wasn't the issue. I am a little bummed about my experience so far but as of now I regret nothing.

I cramped as well when I drank but it got better after about four days. I just pushed through hoping that the new pouch would adjust. I was told not to get scared or tense up.

I hope you get better soon.

I am mobile and I don't know how to quote. @vsg_Ima thanks for telling me your experience. The doctor said the same thing as well, that it would get better in a few days but that was a week ago :/ I have my post op appointment tomorrow so I am hoping that there is something he can do about it then.

I felt better after day 5 with inscions but I still have some soreness in two of them.

Hi all,

Had my 10 day post op with my surgeon today! He said I was doing great, but needed to get more calories in. From my tracking on Fitness Pal, my days went from 240-380. He wants me to raise that before he gives the okay for me to start at the gym. And hopefully it help with the tiredness.

BW 330 SW 311 CW299.5

I cannot tell you how happy I am to be out of the threes and into the twos!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Soooo..... How is everyone?? I am just now on pure liquid Soups and can start "mushies" next week. Feeling great... A little slow on the weight loss but I am fine with it....it's still coming off. :) Hope all are doing well!!

My recovery hasn't been easy. Feeling very weak and get tired out doing the most simple things like taking a shower. I didn't start shakes until week three which was this past Monday and that's helped some but I'm not anywhere near where I thought I would be stamina wise at this point. I can have eggs and cheese now too so I'm hoping by next week I will feel more human.

Also I got thrush from the antibiotics in the hospital so I've been dealing with that. It's caused some nausea. I've lost 28lbs so far.

Edited by GirlOnFire

My recovery hasn't been easy. Feeling very weak and get tired out doing the most simple things like taking a shower. I didn't start shakes until week three which was this past Monday and that's helped some but I'm not anywhere near where I thought I would be stamina wise at this point. I can have eggs and cheese now too so I'm hoping by next week I will feel more human.

Also I got thrush from the antibiotics in the hospital so I've been dealing with that. It's caused some nausea. I've lost 28lbs so far.

So sorry you are having problems! I had to go bacK to work last Tuesday so it's been work for almost 2 weeks now. I think the Protein Shakes were a huge help with me as far as stamina. Hang in there... At least you have lost a good amount! I will say a prayer for you.

I hope you feel better soon and the added food choices give you a bit more energy! Congrats on your weight loss!

Hugs and prayers to you!

Doing gr8 here! Hope good will to all..