Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I've noticed...

Weight is a touchy subject, and women are complicated creatures. I know none of us would take kindly to anyone commenting on our weight when we're gaining it, and I feel like a lot of people also think that way about commenting on someone losing it.

I had my surgery one day after you, and have lost right about the same amount as you, I think...from 213 down to 124. There's a huge difference in my appearance, yet almost no one acknowledges it. I am actually grateful for it. Even though I know that I look much better, if someone were to say that to me, I am pretty sure my crazy brain would go into overdrive with thoughts of "gosh, did I really look so bad before?" Yep, I think comments about weight - gain or loss - are best left unsaid. Except, of course, on here... Elode, you look fantastic!!!

@@MichiganChic Oh! You will have to share pictures and tell me about the pain factor!

@@jenn1 You look fabulous! That's what I figured on the arms, builds up the top and the fat just hangs off the bottom ;)

@@NaomiAus It does tend to make you look younger! I was at the store with my 16 & 17 year old daughters the other day and the lady at the counter thought we were sisters! Crazy!

@@SeahawksFan I'm actually loving the bob, I didn't have any bald spots but some thinning on the sides. I HATE having hair stick to me in the shower when its shedding! It made my skin crawl! I couldn't take it any more. Guys flirting is kinda flattering ha! I'm married too but it doesn't hurt my feelings. I just smile and say thanks. My husband notices other men looking waaaaay more than I do ;)

@@Jewelgirl04 Thanks for the video, I'm going to watch it. Good luck on your exam!!!

@@Shamroxx Thank you! I heard that a lot from people "you don't need that" blah blah blah. Yeah right! I was 267 on surgery day! Trust me I needed it! My best friend was supportive but scared. I've been in and out of town so we haven't seen each other in a few months so I sent her that picture above and she freaked out. I said " see now if I had listened to everyone I'd be 300 by now! Sometimes you just have to stop listening and do what' you feel is right for you. I feel like I took 15 Years off my body. Just walking/running (yes RUNNING! Without triple bras) is soooo much easier it's insane! It's the best decision I've ever made. I'm still amazed by it everyday. You will do great! Congratulations just get past those first week weeks and time will fly by!

@@tlemieux220 Oh you will get there. I rarely weigh and when I do before I even step on the scale I tell myself no matter what this piece of plastic says I will not let it Dictate how I feel about my progress and it doesn't! I've had very few stalls that I know of. I just take it one day at a time and before you know 96 lbs gone! It took 8 months and that kinda seems like a long time when I say it but 8 months FLEW by! I can't believe it's been that long. It's crazy! Sometimes I re weigh 3 times because I just can't believe it.

@@KatrinaGrace Lol! I thought about that too. Maybe they don't say anything because they think it would come across as rude. :) thank you! Congrats on your amazing success! That's awesome!

@@Elode Congrats on your accomplishment :) we all know it's not easy. And just remember sometimes people can't set aside their own insecurities to be happy for others as well as others think that this journey is easy you just have surgery and that's it the weight is gone.

When I lost 100 lbs after my first pregnancy, I definitely noticed strangers being more willing to strike up conversation with me, hold doors, ask if I needed help, etc. At my lowest weight, in a 0 dress size, I also remember trying so hard to talk with other moms at dance class and being completely shunned. I've never had trouble making friends, so it was confusing to me...until one mom told me a couple years later that she had secretly hated me for always looking so cute LOL.

Then, as I rapidly regained weight with my second pregnancy, I noticed my invisibility to strangers returning and other moms no longer hated me. Having been on both sides, I can understand how it must be hard to watch another woman accomplish what you want so desperately for yourself. When I had the band and my friend had the sleeve, it was pretty depressing to see her melt away, while I struggled with pain and further weight gain. I'm not sure how it will be this time. I've only told my 3 best friends what I am doing and don't plan on seeing anyone for over a month, when my kids start school again.

@@FireWife Dang it! I wrote out this long reply and it got erased! I was just saying congratulations on making the desicion to get the sleeve, I hope it turns out to be everything you want. People are weird, I just shake my head and keep it Moving. I hope we get to see your before and after pictures soon!!