Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I've noticed...

I've noticed here lately that since losing a substantial amount of weight (90lbs) people (strangers) seem to be a lot more open and friendly. Nobody was ever mean to me before but now people go out of their way to strike up a conversation or hold doors ect.. little things like that. Then on the opposite end people I know seem to rather choke to death on a piece of glass than acknowledge the huge change I've made. Not all people just a few. It's not that I need acknowledgment or anything, I did this for myself but any time I notice a change like that in a person I say something! I'm kinda a big mouth too though. It seems women have a harder time complimenting other women for some reason. I wonder why that is? It doesn't take anything away from you to compliment another woman. Anyway just an observation.

Congratulations on your hard work to lose so much so far! When was your surgery? I was sleeved on 6/30/15.

You look beautiful and trust me, everyone here knows it. Your hard work and determination have brought you a whole new life.

You've been preparing for the change for a long time, but to most people I'll bet it's kind of a shock. They see it, they just might be a little timid about expressing it! It'll come in time! ????

@@MissPam Thank you. I had my surgery on November 3rd ...8 months ago.

That hasn't changed for me. I am always very outgoing. I'm the person who people come up to and talk to in the supermarket and stores. That's hasn't changed for me.

@@The Candidate Thanks love! It has been quit the journey, but one I'd do over 1000 times if I had to.

So this is my latest update, I know I haven't done one in a long time. The picture of me overweight sadly is not even me at my highest (301lbs) , the other one is last night. Sorry classic mirror picture but that's all I can do when I'm by myself and my aunts want updates.

post-237766-0-90235000-1436476741_thumb.jpg

post-237766-0-14381600-1436477358_thumb.jpg

Yes, I cut that crazy shedding hair off too!! I'm going to have to get some better before pictures. I didn't keep any around but my mom loves me no matter what so she keep all that nonsense ;)

You look great @@Elode!

I noticed the heavier I got, the more invisible I was to others. I never got really big--enough for people to be downright rude--just big enough I didn't count anymore. Here's to becoming visible in a good way!

@@madferitchick Thank you so much, no I don't mind at all I'm 169 and 5'8.

@@Babbs Thank you girl! You do too as always!

@@sleevenv Exactly! Luckily no one was ever mean to me, maybe because I was too big and scary ;) I've always had friends ect it's mainly the way outsiders react. Being visible is good :)

Oh and BTW if anyone has a cure for the flabby arms I'm all ears! Whole other subject....

@@Elode

Your arms look good!!? I know you haven't exercised much, so I'm actually a little jelly by how good they look without lifting. I've had to kill myself lifting to get some tone in mine. But yeah, start doing some lifting and resistance training..that should help!