Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am wondering how people came up with their goal weight, and if they were happy when they attained it. I pretty much picked mine out of the sky after looking at a website I cant remember the name of that showed women that were my height that weighed 180. Im asking because I am slightly concerned that I will reach this mecca of goal weight and still not be satisfied. I know that all of our bones are the same size but I am a curvy woman and I dont want to change that, I have already sacrificed my boobs to the weight loss struggle, and at this point if my stomach could fall off Id be satisfied at any weight. So rather than be disappointed on some day in the not so distant future, Im hoping you guys can give some feedback about goal weight/sizes and your content or discontent with your weight, especially if you happen to be around 5'7" and weigh 180.

Well I am short and I have always been big and with 90+ pounds less since my sleeve in July 16, 2014 I have never been small. So would like to get to 120-130 pounds that's my ideal weight that I would like to be. I started at 252 pounds during surgery and am around 160 something ????

I am 5'5. My goal weight is 150...my current weight is 166lbs ....I want to be a perfect size 6 I am a size 6 in some brands but not everything.....10 month post opp...hopefully I will achieve my goal weight by my one year anniversary. 16 lbs to go.

I am 5'6" and my body pretty much chose my goal weight for me. I just kept losing till I got to 135 and stuck there. Never been that low even as a teen. Yeah there are some times I wish I were curvier but I know it would be a fight to gain 10 lbs or so and j would have no control over where it went. I am healthy and have 18% body fat so I will just stay here.

My body chose my weight for me I'm 5'4 I'm curvy girl I weight 148 I've been that weight for a while I'm pushing my self to get down to 135-140 but my body isn't letting me. ????????????????

Futuremrs.bee what did you do to obtain this much weight loss

Lmao, it sounds like my goal weight is around 208 based on these post. Im just hoping thats not the case.

I do not think I did any thing out of the ordinary. I followed my doctors meal plan 85% of the time and I am just trying to be as consistent as possible and not go back to my old eating habits. I try my best not to let stalls upset me. This is a marathon not a sprint

I am 5'5. My goal weight is 150...my current weight is 166lbs ....I want to be a perfect size 6 I am a size 6 in some brands but not everything.....10 month post opp...hopefully I will achieve my goal weight by my one year anniversary. 16 lbs to go.

It's so odd how different people's bodies are. I'm 5 ft 4 inches and I weigh 170 but yet I'm in a size 12. Crazy! My original goal was 160. As I'm getting closer to that I'm considering a change to 150. We will see. I'd be happy in a size 10. I think! Lol

I'm 5'8" and my nutritionist told me 140. I laughed at her. So we revised it to 170 but my personal goal is 155. But truthfully anything under 200 and I'm happy. I don't ever remember a 1 in front of my weight.

I am 5'4" and unlike many I've seen on BP, my surgeon did not give me goals other than "healthy" I'm already healthy medically, just not with weight mass. I picked my goal weight by military standards. My bf is a veteran and he's been a wonderful help with all of this BMI shenanigans. Which is crap, by the way. But I'd still like to be 140 ultimately. Possibly 130.

I'm also in the 5'4" camp my goal is 68kg which I think is 149lb give or take which is at the lower end of overweight. But I was around that size my late teens early twentys n rocked those curves lol but three kids n wls they might be saggier ones :)

I don't know how long ago you were curvy and happy about how you looked at that weight. But if it's been decades ago, don't plan on looking exactly like you did when you reach your old "happy curvy" weight again.

Also, it seems clear from reading here longer than a year that the maintenance calorie budget varies dramatically from person to person. That seems to be a function of our genders, ages, exercise and activity levels, how little we ate (for how long) to lose all our excess weight, and the degree to which long-time obesity screwed up our metabolism by lowering it significantly below what seems "normal."

To your specific question ... I'm 69 years old, 5'5", and set my goal weight at 150. That was 85 pounds below my starting weight of 235. In the last few months I've lost another 5 pounds, putting me at 145 (actually, this morning I was 144, but when I dip below 145 I eat more to get back above that).

I don't want to lose ANY more weight than this. I'm wearing sizes 10s (loose) and 8s, but for now I'm not buying a lot of size 8s. I would be happy anywhere between 145-155.

My advice would be not to get too invested in the fiction that you can predict everything about how your WLS journey will go or how you will reach your goal. You may have to change your mind and your tactics and even your goal. Reaching goal (by which I mean REALLY reaching it) is new country for some of us. And for those who've weighed this little before, the neighborhood has changed a lot since we were last here.

Best to you.

I'm 5'7 1/2" :-) and my goal weight is 175. I'd like to be 164, since that would put me the the normal BMI range, but I'm also happy with anything under 200. I had a brief flirtation with 199 when I was 19 (16 years ago!) but I have been over 200 lbs for forever. I'm at 258 now, down from 325.

I'm 5'5" and I picked 140 because it's in the middle of the "Normal" range for my height. It would be life changing for me to even be at 160. But I want to be Normal......so anything under 152 is my goal.