Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved 6/16/15. I lost about 17 pounds the first week and a half. I'm 3 weeks out and I've been stalled since then. I've been walking treadmill 4 miles each day. I drink a primer shake for Breakfast and have a small lunch and small dinner. Not sure what's going on. I've been depressed and I break out into tears.

@@cuchas I was sleeved on June 12 and I am 25 lbs down since surgery I as well didn't need to go on any diet prior . I am on my 3rd week and haven't lost anything. But I've herd a lot of the 3rd week stall .what are you eating ?

Congrats on the weight loss! :) I'm eating chicken, steak, eggs, deli ham, deli salami, and I recently ordered some more Quest bars. They are Protein bars.. It's an excellent way to get more protein in. :) What have you been eating? To be honest, I'm still unsure of exactly how I should be eating. I know I should get a lot of protein in but I don't know where I should be looking.

Edited by cuchas

Hi! I was sleeved 06/24/15. I was on very low carb starting in January 2015 and have lost 48lbs. However, I have only lost 8 lbs since surgery. I had a 4lb regain right after surgery from the IVs but lost that plus 6lbs the first week and this second week I have lost 2lbs.

I am still on liquids but will go to soft tomorrow after my appointment with the NUT. I feel lost as well when it comes to knowing what to eat. I am hoping I will feel better about this after the NUT appt tomorrow.

Also, since I really haven't lost much since surgery I am still having doubts if this will work for me and doubts if I will be able to lose all the weight I want to lose. I know I will lose some. Like so many others, I think my doubts are "normal" just because I have failed over and over again in the past.

I am having 3 shakes a day and a tsp of cottage cheese a couple of times a day. I have also had a couple of low blood sugar episodes, at least that's what it felt like. This morning it was pretty bad cause I broke out into a cold sweat but it passed within about 30 minutes.

Didn't mean for this post to be so long but just thought I would include it all. :)

I was sleeved on 6/17/15. I was 294lbs on the day of surgery and have lost 16lbs. I gained 10 lbs after surgery but lost that in a few days. Currently I'm at the dreaded week three stall. I started the puree/soft stage on Monday after being on a all liquid diet for two weeks. I stay on this stage for three weeks. I've been meeting my 60g Protein goal and drinking least 60 oz of Water.

I started walking on a treadmill for thirty minutes to help me get out of this stall. I'm going to continue with my surgeon/NUT plan and try not to get to anxious but I'm a worrywart by nature so its hard.

I was sleeved June 3. I've lost 50lbs since my pre-op diet started. At three weeks my weight loss stalled. Then I lost about 5 more pounds. Now I have stalled again. I'm staying the course, but I would like to see more coming off. Getting Water and Protein in is a full time job. Exercising takes even more time. I'm relying on the testimony of others that more will come off.

I was sleeved June 3. I've lost 50lbs since my pre-op diet started. At three weeks my weight loss stalled. Then I lost about 5 more pounds. Now I have stalled again. I'm staying the course, but I would like to see more coming off. Getting Water and Protein in is a full time job. Exercising takes even more time. I'm relying on the testimony of others that more will come off.

You've done awesome 50lbs!!! Amazing...does your doc require a certain amount of Protein? Mine requires 40g in liquid so if I drink one of my shakes per day I've fulfilled my quota...I'm struggling with breakfast as I have now discovered I don't like eggs :(

I was sleeved June 15th. Started at 324 got down to 291 day of surgery now at 274... Feels like I should have lost more? Following diet, exercising daily. Plus was on a three week stall...just broke it.. See other posts where people have lost a lot more within first month. Am I being to hard on myself?

You're being way too hard on yourself! Just keep going and don't give up! I was sleeved on June 10th and have only lost 23lbs...my concern is menu options. I'm so not creative when it comes to eating so I'm afraid I'm getting bored eating the same things...wish there was more guidance to menu creations

My doctor requires 60 g of Protein daily. My two favorite things in my little world are baby bel light cheeses and the grilled chickfila nuggets. I can only eat 4 nuggets right now, but I buy 2 twelve packs and eat them over a few days. They are even great warmed up. I don't even drink Protein Drinks anymore.

Hi,

I was sleeved on 6/15. I did the pre-op for 1 week and lost 5 pounds. Oddly enough, i lost 16 pounds the first week, and hit the "3 week stall" in week 2. After that, it's been pretty smooth sailing. All told I've lost 30 pounds since the pre-op. My main focus is Protein. I drink 1 Isopure shake and 1 premier shake a day as a general rule, which is 80 grams of Protein. I struggle getting all the liquid in daily.

I'm an extremely picky eater, and the pureed stage didn't work for me at all. I either ate Soup, cottage cheese, or pretty much whatever chewed very well. Frankly I was surprised with my weight loss since I didn't strictly adhere to that plan, but it went well. I AM NOT ENCOURAGING THAT, I'm just sharing my experience; everyone's body is different. Just had my one month and the Dr. is pleased with my progress and moved me to soft foods, which is pretty much where I was already. I have found that 1/3 cup of food is about perfect for a meal

I can't begin to tell how much better I feel with the weight loss. My recovery was easy, I feel like I've adapted pretty well, but oddly enough I am depressed, even though I feel so much better than before. I have a hair trigger temper now, which I did not before. My Dr. suggested that the worst of the attitude should be behind me by week 8, but he said it boiled down to 2 things, which I'd agree with: 1. I'm only intaking 500-700 calories a day tops, so even though I don't feel hungry I'm not giving my body much fuel, and 2. mourning the loss of my favorite stress reliever. Even though I'm not hungry I catch myself thinking like I did pre-surgery, and have to remind myself that I can't eat like that anymore, it's just not physically possible. This impact to attitude is a small price to pay though for a future that looks much brighter now than it did 2 months ago. Oh yeah, my new favorite thing is Cherry Antacid Soft Chews from Kroger. Never really had heartburn before, but I sure do now...

I was sleeved on 6/22. My biggest challenge is the water/liquid - struggling to get 32 ounces even with adding crystal light. I started soft foods today and had horrible chest pain which I was able to walk off. Lots of adjustments, but I read a lot on this website and others, so I know what to do. I need to do it! We got this!

I was sleeved on June 11th, I am 5' 7" I was 261 the day in went in for surgery and am now 231 on August 19th. I too have hit a huge stall I haven't been able to drop any weight for over a week now. I'm starting to get pretty depressed and worried that I'm going to stay at this weight. I was told to drink more Water and make sure I get the required amount of Protein but I'm not sure what to do. I actually gained a couple pounds last week. From reading here it sounds like this is normal I just wish this year would pass quick so I could stop worrying if this is actually going to work for me.